Rock Health is the first venture fund dedicated to digital health. Rock Health exists to fund and support entrepreneurs working at the intersection of healthcare and technology. Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being—driving down the cost to deliver improved services to more people.
Rock Health’s corporate partners—which include companies like Abbvie, Blue Shield of California, Cox Enterprises, CVS Health, GSK, Optum Ventures, and Sutter Health—are a critical part of the digital health ecosystem, driving the adoption of new technologies and advancing innovation in healthcare at scale. Rock Health supports our partners by leveraging our research, data, and investing expertise to inform their digital strategies and startup partnership decisions, in addition to helping to grow their network and brand in healthcare innovation.
About the role
Note: This role is based in our office in San Francisco.
You’re a skilled relationship-builder who is interested in learning about every person you meet. You’re humble and care deeply about making a difference—ideally by having a massive impact in healthcare. A natural networker, you thrive on making connections among people and organizations. You love closing deals and have the persistence, creativity, and humanity to get to “yes.” You recognize the value Rock Health provides and are skillful at communicating that vision to others.
We are hiring a Partner Associate to manage relationships with Rock Health’s external corporate partners. You will support Rock Health’s growth by delighting partners, maintaining and servicing existing partners, and strategically cultivating and deepening current partner relationships.
The Partner Associate will build strong relationships with our corporate partners and employ intimate knowledge of each partner’s objectives and goals for working with Rock Health. You’ll liaise closely with the venture and research teams to keep partners well-informed about evolving digital health market dynamics and relevant emerging technologies.
- Build and manage relationships with Rock Health partners, including leading regular check-in calls, Quarterly Business Reviews, and in-person meetings
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of partners’ business, strategy, and digital health-related initiatives
- Ensure partners receive all partnership benefits in a timely manner
- Track partnership goals, interests, and objectives
- Independently ensure delivery of partnership goals and objectives working alone and/or with Rock Health’s research, venture, programs, and marketing teams
- Regularly attend meetings with digital health entrepreneurs to keep a pulse on emerging technologies on behalf of partners
- Build and execute on plans to renew existing partner relationships and to upsell partners when appropriate
- Track all external interactions in Rock Health’s CRM and major project activities in Asana
- Create and maintain all partnership-related information assets, including slide decks and relevant portions of the Rock Health website—working in coordination with the marketing team to ensure all information is always up to date
- Work with the Director of Partnerships to ensure program offerings are consistently refreshed and exceeding the needs of partners
- Manage the contracting process for renewing partners
- Be the “voice of the partner” in internal Rock Health team discussions, advocating for their point of view while balancing additional priorities of Rock Health
- Proactively identify opportunities to optimize and scale partner account management processes
- Work with other Account Managers and Director of Partnerships to plan biannual partner retreats and dinners
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-5 years work experience. Healthcare-related field strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and fanatical attention to detail
- Talent for networking—meeting new people and connecting people—and developing productive business relationships
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel with consistent high quality
- Self-starter who is able to navigate uncertainty and thrive with minimal management
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry and technology innovation. Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and succinctly with senior executives