Account Associate, Membership
At Rock Health, we’re making healthcare massively better by investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs, advising major corporations on what matters in digital health, and working to scale health equity for all humanity.
About Rock Health Advisory:
Rock Health Advisory works with leading Fortune 500 companies—across healthcare, technology, retail, and more—on strategies to bridge the gap between entrepreneurial innovation and the status quo by improving their existing products and services and building new ones.
Within Rock Health Advisory, the Membership program empowers leaders at major corporations with the knowledge, resources, and community to drive digital innovation. Our Members—who include companies like CVS Health, GSK, and Banner Health—are a critical part of the digital health ecosystem, driving the adoption of new technologies and advancing innovation in healthcare at scale. Rock Health supports our Members by leveraging our research, data, and investing expertise to inform their digital innovation strategies, in addition to helping to grow their network and brand in healthcare innovation.
About the Role:
We’re hiring an Associate to serve in a Dedicated Advisor role as part of the Memberships team. You will manage relationships with Rock Health’s external Members in the Rock Health Enterprise Membership Program. You’ll support Rock Health’s growth by servicing, delighting, and renewing existing members, while deepening Member relationships.
Your success will be evaluated on two priority areas:
- Renewing (and delighting!) a portfolio of Members, as their Dedicated Advisor
- Strategically growing Member relationships within your portfolio across Rock Health Advisory (e.g., through expanding price per Member, Consulting sales)
This role will report to the Head of Memberships and work collaboratively with the Dedicated Advisor and Research teams.
This role will start remotely and be adherent to the COVID-related policies of Rock Health. Long-term, this role will preferably be based in San Francisco.
You’re a skilled relationship-builder who is interested in learning about every person you meet. You’re humble and care deeply about making a difference—ideally by having a massive impact in healthcare. A natural networker, you thrive on making connections among people and organizations. You approach relationships prioritizing the long-term growth and opportunity for all parties—and can sniff out and avoid transactional scenarios that could ultimately harm relationships. You love delighting clients and closing deals and have the persistence, creativity, and humanity to get to “yes.” You recognize the value Rock Health provides and are skillful at communicating that vision to others. You’re also a creative, outside-of-the-box thinker who can identify and execute on new opportunities to drive value to Rock Health’s member ecosystem.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into what we’ve described or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
- Build and manage relationships with Rock Health members, including leading regular check-in calls, Quarterly Business Reviews, and in-person meetings (when safe to do so)
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of members’ business, strategy, and digital health-related initiatives and be the “voice of the member” in internal Rock Health team discussions, advocating for their point of view while balancing additional priorities of Rock Health
- Capture and disseminate this information among the Rock Health team (using the CRM and other tools as needed)
- Ensure Members receive all member benefits in a timely manner
- Ensure delivery of membership goals and objectives with support from manager and/or the Rock Health research team
- With support from manager, plan, coordinate, and lead meetings with Member senior executives
- With support from Membership leadership, build and execute on plans to renew existing member relationships and to upsell members when appropriate, either for Consulting services, within the Membership program, or for event sponsorship
- With leadership support, manage the contracting process for renewing members
- Work with Memberships team to execute biannual Member retreats, roundtables, webinars, and other events
Membership Internal Processes
- Support refinement of membership-related information assets working in coordination with other teams to ensure all information is always up to date
Ecosystem Collaboration in Service to Members
- Proactively “connect the dots” between the strategies of Rock Health’s Members and those of portfolio companies, other startups, and deal flow companies
Other duties as needed and as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- 1-3 years account management experience—healthcare-related account management experience strongly preferred
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and fanatical attention to detail
- Talent for networking—meeting new people and connecting people—and developing productive business relationships
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects, ensuring consistent, high quality
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry and technology innovation
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and succinctly with senior executives
Please apply here.