Chief of Staff, RockHealth.org
RockHealth.org is a non-profit that advances equity-centered innovation in digital health. We take action towards a more inclusive digital health ecosystem by championing equitable design and innovation, supporting underrepresented innovators, and fostering a community of bold leaders across the healthcare landscape. The mission of RockHealth.org is to equip digital health innovators with the resources, reach, and recognition they need to create an equitable digital health future for all. RockHealth.org works alongside Rock Health Advisory and Rock Health Capital to accelerate innovation at the nexus of technology and healthcare.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with RockHealth.org’s senior team members to advance the organization’s five-year impact strategy by stewarding impactful partnerships, leading emerging initiatives, and championing internal culture. The Chief of Staff will bring a strong learning orientation with a proven ability to adapt and thrive in entrepreneurial settings. Ideal candidates will have a proven or emerging track record leading projects, programs, or initiatives in the digital health, public health, and/or venture capital ecosystems.
I. Leadership Support (50%)
- Support the management and engagement of RockHealth.org senior team meetings, including agenda setting, material development, and outlining next steps
- Assisting the preparation, management, and implementation of RockHealth.org board meetings, including information management, content development, and stewardship opportunities
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and tracking of RockHealth.org’s annual strategic planning and monitoring process
- Assist and coordinate special projects on an ad-hoc basis for RockHealth.org leadership (e.g., fundraising efforts, drafting updates, developing special topic briefs, etc.)
II. Communications and Fundraising (40%)
- Manage and implement an integrated strategic external relations approach to support and advance RockHealth.org’s five-year impact strategy
- Steward the development, management, and implementation of RockHealth.org’s fundraising and donor cultivation strategy to meet long and short-term goals
- Develop external communications collateral to support RockHealth.org’s fundraising and programmatic efforts
- Support the management of grant reporting efforts, including developing budgets, tracking expenses, and developing financial reports
- Ensure Rock Health brand alignment
III. Team Management and Organizational Culture (10%)
- Support management of team culture and learning efforts, including monthly team meetings and quarterly learning discussions
- Lead implementation for organization-wide professional development activities, including mid-year and annual review cycles
- Contribute to the development of an inviting and inclusive organizational culture
- Provide direct management and mentorship to some RockHealth.org team members
We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- You’re proactive. You can’t help but think five steps ahead. If you don’t have the answer, you take initiative to figure it out. You see areas for improvement and dive in to make things better.
- You’re a natural organizer. You enjoy making complex tasks simple. You believe in administrative systems and can make tedious processes feel seamless for you and your teammates.
- You have hands-on experience managing budgets, you appreciate leveraging spreadsheets as a planning tool, and know your way around financial modeling processes and platforms.
- You have a high attention to detail for your and others’ work. You pay attention to all the moving parts and their implications. s
- You write with clarity and directness, and can give easy to understand instructions to our stakeholders—partners, participants, donors, etc.
- You partner with and adapt well to colleagues that represent different learning and processing styles (i.e., visual learners, verbal processors, etc.).
- You thrive in a fast paced, complex, high pressure, and dynamic environment. You have clear processes to manage work but are able to shift and adapt as opportunities and needs emerge.
- You’re relational and enjoy working directly with multiple stakeholder groups from all walks of life.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a remote, full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $105,000-$120,000 commensurate with experience. RockHealth.org offers a work environment that supports employees and embraces a human-centered approach to our practices and policies. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Remote and flexible work options
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to Equity and Justice:
RockHealth.org is looking for a person with a demonstrated commitment to equity and creating a healthier world by helping to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RockHealth.org does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here to submit an application. Applications will close on Jan 3, 2024.
RockHealth.org may use third-party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.