At Rock Health, we’re making healthcare massively better by investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs, advising major corporations on what matters in digital health, and working to scale health equity for all humanity.
About Rock Health Advisory
Rock Health Advisory works with leading Fortune 500 companies—across healthcare, technology, retail, and more—on strategies to bridge the gap between entrepreneurial innovation and the status quo by improving their existing products and services and building new ones.
Within Rock Health Advisory, Rock Health Consulting is a boutique consultancy that supports enterprise companies on digital health strategy and innovation, helping our clients compete in the evolving digital health landscape. Disruptive digital health strategies require outside-the-box thinking. At Rock Health, we identify and assess new opportunities by infusing creativity and future-thinking into our process, connecting dots in new ways. (And we’re so nerdy that we think that’s super cool!) We also help further the digital health ecosystem in many other ways including mentoring startups, publishing cutting-edge insights on the industry, and presenting at industry conferences.
About the Role:
We’re hiring a Consultant to work within our digital health strategy practice. You will work on projects to craft cutting-edge digital health strategies for enterprise healthcare players—incumbents (pharmaceutical, medical technology, health plan, and health system clients) and new entrants (big tech, big box retail, and more), alike. You will collaborate with teams to help untangle tough strategic questions, draw connections and analogies that shed new light on the problem, identify breakthrough innovation opportunities, and build effective stories.
You will also further the digital health ecosystem through writing and publishing thought leadership, supporting startups, and collaborating with the venture and research teams within Rock Health.
You have experience in healthcare strategy, a passion for digital health, and a desire to contribute to a new and different kind of consulting business. You are eager to further develop your consulting skills, work in an environment where you can be creative, challenge conventional thinking, and operate with an entrepreneurial mindset. You know what it takes to work in a project team environment, and that doing excellent work means sharing responsibility and giving support to your teammates. You are eager for the opportunity to develop and contribute to the development of others on your team. You are resilient, capable of accepting change and comfortable with ambiguity. You care deeply about having a massive impact on the healthcare industry. You are excited by the opportunity to join a new practice (a startup within Rock Health) and build your expertise and network in digital health.
- Execute project plans with precision, an eye for value-added changes, and attention to detail
- Conduct and synthesize primary and secondary research on clinical, scientific, technology, and business topics
- Participate in client, customer, physician, and thought leader interviews
- Communicate insights to consultants, engagement leaders, and clients
- Develop financial models to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Collaborate with internal project teams to execute projects
- Prepare and present client presentations
- Participate in research and publication of digital health thought leadership
- Support client development efforts, including proposals and case studies
- Engage with the digital health ecosystem
- Collaborate with the broader Rock Health team on company-wide initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Health Administration, Public Health, Technology or Life Sciences preferred
- 3-5 years work experience in healthcare industry via consulting or strategy (top tier professional services firm preferred)
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- High level of motivation and self-starting attitude
- Passion for the digital health ecosystem
- Willingness to travel when necessary to meet team and client needs—note this is not a full-time travel position
To apply, please click here.
Rock Health may use third party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.
For Californian applicants, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.