Market Research Fellow
Rock Health Inc. is a venture fund and advisory services business dedicated to digital health. We support both sides of the enterprise market for digital health—funding digital health entrepreneurs and advising large healthcare corporations, with the ultimate goal of catalyzing the scalable adoption of groundbreaking technologies in healthcare. Our community of over 50 active portfolio companies, 30+ corporate members, network of investors, and journalists all rely on Rock Health for a distinct, data-driven point of view that “connects the dots” across an otherwise complex and highly-specialized landscape. Our mandate is impact, and our industry-leading data collection and analysis is the tip of the spear.
About the Market Research Fellow Role:
Market Research Fellows will support our research function, focusing on emerging trends in digital health, the broader healthcare industry, and investment in digital health innovation. The research team serves the digital health community at large, including but not limited to, digital health startups, investors, payers, providers, pharma, retail, and tech companies.
In this role, you will deliver value to our corporate members, primarily by developing market research reports through secondary research and analysis of industry trends. If you love to research startups, create PowerPoints, and present to clients—this is the job for you!
The Market Research Fellow will contribute to the following research initiatives:
- The focus of the role will be on building 15-20 page market landscape reports by identifying differentiators across startups and offering a look at the trajectory of specific digital health technologies and segments.
- Develop presentation and communication skills, with the goal of working towards presenting your latest research to clients.
- Contribute to other ongoing research projects, including: creating ready-to-use PowerPoint modules to educate the healthcare ecosystem on digital health topics (e.g., telemedicine, clinical decision support); conducting analyses of the healthcare venture capital landscape; contributing to quarterly blog posts and annual reports.
- Work alongside other Rock Health research fellows and learn from Rock Health teammates.
- You’re interested in diving deeper into digital health and are excited by the prospect of investigating startup products and business models.
- You love reading, writing, navigating Excel (especially Pivot Tables!), creating fancy charts in PowerPoint, and organizing Google Folders to share information.
- You’re comfortable crafting a compelling story with your secondary research and quantitative analysis, and you get excited when numbers can help to tell a deeper or unearthed story.
- You have a fond appreciation for direct, compelling prose, and are comfortable writing short- and long-form.
- Details are important to you, and you’re good at checking your own work, as well as the work of others.
- You’re humble, a team player, and care deeply about making healthcare massively better.
- Academic or professional experience conducting research, involving primary and secondary content sources
- Experience communicating effectively in written, graphical, and data-forward formats
- Love working on a collaborative team
- Associate, undergraduate, or master’s student
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ideally has market research experience
- Capacity to work remotely
Fully virtual / remote
This will be a part-time position with an average of 10-20 hours a week (average: 15). Candidates ideally would be able to spread hours over 3+ weekdays.
Opportunity is for immediate hire. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Click here to fill out a brief Rock Health Market Research Fellow application.
Important Fraud Alert
Rock Health communicates to candidates from official channels only (directly from @rockhealth.com or @rockhealth.org email addresses). We never contact candidates about career opportunities through instant messaging applications, email addresses from free domains (such as Gmail or Outlook addresses), direct messages on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, or text messages. All Rock Health interviews are conducted either in person or over video conferencing and never over email, text, or other platforms.