At Rock Health, we’re making healthcare massively better by investing in the next generation of entrepreneurs, advising major corporations on what matters in digital health, and working to scale health equity for all humanity.
About Rock Health Advisory:
Rock Health Advisory supports leaders within major corporations on strategic initiatives to change healthcare for the better. Through our consulting practice and membership program, we help teams at leading Fortune 500 companies—across healthcare, technology, retail, and more—on strategies to bridge the gap between entrepreneurial innovation and the status quo by improving their existing products and services and building new ones.
Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being.
About the Role:
The Research Associate will support the production of Rock Health research, covering emerging trends in digital health, the broader healthcare industry, and digital health investment. In this role, you will primarily deliver value to Rock Health’s corporate members by creating presentations, insights pieces, and data analyses. You will also report to the Research Manager to help manage Rock Health’s proprietary datasets and write blog posts covering different sector topics, such as women’s health, aging care, and quarterly venture capital funding.
This role will be remote and adherent to the COVID-related policies of Rock Health.
You’re humble and care deeply about making healthcare massively better by learning about how the healthcare system works and could be improved. You’re a whiz at Excel and down to create PowerPoint presentations that dive into a healthcare topic or startup landscape. You love reading industry articles and academic studies, and view data as something to be shaped into insights that inform real change within startups or enterprises. You have a fond appreciation for direct, compelling prose, and are comfortable writing short- and long-form.
The Research Associate will contribute to several research initiatives by interviewing subject matter experts, analyzing relevant data sets, conducting secondary literature searches, and synthesizing all sources of information into slide decks and written reports.
Data analysis and management
- Help update and quality-check all of Rock Health’s proprietary data sets including: venture funding, M&A activity, digital health public company tracker, and consumer adoption data
- Use Excel/Google sheets to conduct regular data analysis and create graphics for blog posts, client requests, and journalist requests
- Analyze an annual survey on consumer adoption of digital health with 8,000+ respondents and 40+ survey questions to produce a blog post (using Excel/Google sheets, Tableau, etc.)
Secondary and primary research
- Using secondary external resources, primary research interviews, and Rock Health datasets, perform deep-dive research on topics that may include: clinical focus areas (e.g., cardiovascular care, neurology), emerging technologies (e.g., telemedicine, AI, AR/VR), digital health solutions tailored to specific populations (e.g., LGBTQ+, women+), and health equity
- Build ready-to-use PowerPoint decks on various digital health topics (e.g., remote patient monitoring, clinical decision support)
- Create market landscapes identifying different startups and differentiating them by business models and go-to-market strategies.
Overall research strategy
- Work alongside Rock Health research fellows
- Develop presentation and communication skills, with the goal of working towards presenting latest research to clients
- Serve as a thought partner to the Research team, keeping your finger constantly on the pulse of new innovation, companies, and partnerships in digital health
- Comfortable with quantitative analysis, including advanced Excel and Google Sheets use and experience structuring and mining data sets to surface compelling key takeaways
- Major plus but not required: Experience with statistical/analytics software programs such as Tableau and SQL
- Close attention to detail and comfort double-checking team members’ analyses
- Ability to synthesize information of varying types and from multiple sources into trends and insights
- Proven track record designing client-facing presentation decks
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Eager to grow knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system, digital health startups, and venture capital
- Love working on a collaborative team
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years work experience in healthcare-related or related field (e.g., market research, consulting, finance)
- Experience conducting health industry research (preferably policy or market research) involving primary and secondary content
- Experience communicating effectively in oral, written, graphical, and data-forward formats
To apply to the Research Associate position, please click here.
Rock Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company will not, under any circumstances, discriminate against an employee with regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, disability, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics. As such, we aim to provide reasonable accommodation to any employee or qualified applicant with a disability.