The Rock Health Venture Fellow internship is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in early-stage digital health venture capital. Rock Health Venture Fellows function as core members of Rock Health’s Venture team—assisting with venture capital deal flow (i.e. triaging deals, diligence, investment memos), digital health thesis development and special projects. Venture Fellows receive support and guidance throughout the internship, reporting directly to Rock Health’s Venture Principal and working closely with Rock Health’s Managing Director & CEO.
Throughout the course of the internship, Venture Fellows responsibilities can include:
- Perform the initial review and triage of inbound deal flow
- Perform due diligence on live investment opportunities and help prepare investment memos for Rock Health’s LPs
- Participate in venture pitch calls with digital health entrepreneurs
- Support Rock Health’s thesis-driven investing strategy by conducting a research project on an area of interest within digital health which will be published on the Rock Health website, as time allows
- Develop materials to support venture-related engagements with Rock Health’s enterprise partnerships
- Build pipeline and database management tools to enhance Venture team productivity
Undergraduate and graduate school candidates will be considered. Current MBA and MD candidates are encouraged to apply. The ideal Venture Fellow candidate possesses the following:
- Strong interest in digital health and venture capital
- Understanding of the U.S. healthcare system, trends, and business models
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills, research / analytical skills, time management and attention to detail
- Flexible and able to pivot quickly to support pressing business needs
- Proficiencies in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Fully virtual / remote
Venture Fellows work up to ~20 hours per week. Work schedules can be somewhat flexible to accommodate other commitments.
Opportunity is for immediate hire. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Click here to fill out a brief Rock Health Venture Fellow application.