We’re hiring a Partnership Prospecting Manager/Associate to evangelize Rock Health’s corporate partner program across the healthcare ecosystem and beyond. You will build and execute on a marketing and brand strategy to exponentially increase the public’s awareness of Rock Health’s advisory business, while building relationships with new prospective partners. You will support Rock Health’s growth through aligning partnership marketing opportunities with organizational strategy.
You will identify emerging business opportunities while screening potential partners and deals for fit. You will build Rock Health’s market position by honing, developing, and executing on our brand identify around our advisory business.
Rock Health is the first venture fund dedicated to digital health. We support both sides of the enterprise market for digital health—funding digital health entrepreneurs and advising large healthcare corporations, with the ultimate goal of catalyzing the scalable adoption of groundbreaking technologies in healthcare.
Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being.
Rock Health corporate partners—30+ diverse, leading organizations like CVS Health, Intermountain Healthcare, Sanofi, Google, Blue Shield of California, GSK, Cox Enterprises, and Sutter Health—are a critical part of our ecosystem, driving the adoption of digital health technologies and advancing innovation in healthcare at scale. Rock Health serves as their conduit into the startup innovation ecosystem, helping them to crystallize their digital health strategies, connect them with companies, showcase their innovation work, and deliver custom market research and data.
Your friends would describe you as charismatic and creative, but you also care deeply about making a difference—ideally by having a massive impact on the healthcare industry. You have a black belt in Keynote, and can build an intensely compelling story through both words and graphics. A natural networker, you thrive on developing relationships and making connections among people and organizations. You recognize the value that Rock Health provides and are skilled at conveying compelling messages across a wide variety of industry stakeholders.
Marketing & Branding
- Independently propose and develop a brand identity specific to Rock Health’s advisory business, and work collaboratively to iterate on and refine the plan over time
- Create a web presence along with online and off-line marketing collateral that aligns with this new brand identity
- Research and develop marketing opportunities to creatively reach more potential partners
- Drive strategy to increase brand awareness among new audiences and build awareness of additional offerings among existing partners
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of our marketing tactics and course-correct when necessary
- Create and maintain all partnership marketing assets, including online presence, one-pagers, executive summaries, and decks
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Manager to ensure advisory business brand and marketing aligns with broader Rock Health marketing strategy, and take advantage of synergies with Rock Health’s existing assets (website, Rock Weekly, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Collaborate with Partnerships and Events teams to plan happy hours, events, and meetings designed to raise awareness about Rock Health’s advisory business
Print and manage physical content assets for advisory marketing events and other occasions (e.g., Rock Health research reports on hand to give to attendees)
Lead Generation & Triage
- Independently build a pipeline of qualified leads for Rock Health’s advisory business
Support for Rock Health’s Corporate Partner Program
- Maintain a small portfolio of corporate partner accounts when necessary
- Build and manage relationships with Rock Health partners, including leading regular check-in calls, Quarterly Business Reviews, and in-person meetings
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of partners’ business, strategy, and digital health-related initiatives
- Ensure partners receive all partnership benefits in a timely manner
- Track partnership goals, interests, and objectives
- Independently ensure delivery of partnership goals and objectives working alone and/or with Rock Health’s research, venture, events, and marketing teams
- Regularly attend meetings with digital health entrepreneurs to keep a pulse on emerging technologies on behalf of partners
- Build and execute on plans to renew existing partner relationships and to upsell partners when appropriate
- Track all external interactions in Rock Health’s CRM and major projects/activities in Asana
- Create and maintain all partnership-related information assets, including slide decks, and relevant portions of the Rock Health website—working in coordination with the marketing and research teams to ensure all information is always up to date
Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to manage projects and deadlines with minimal oversight. Intuits what comes next and proactively tackle projects
- Creative! Loves conceiving new ideas to develop the Rock Health brand and has an eye for clean, elegant, beautiful design
- Adept at creating and finalizing deliverables (e.g., Newsletters, reports, Keynote slides, podcast) at a client-facing caliber
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Experience with designing presentation materials and data visualization (preferably using Keynote)
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- A skilled communicator. Comfortable speaking about Rock Health in many different forums: professional emails to existing and new clients, social media
- Adept at managing multiple ongoing responsibilities and projects with competing deadlines, and prioritizing time to get things done while remaining zen when things get hectic
- Detail oriented. Knows what questions to ask when and can spot a typo or misused font a mile away
- Intellectual curiosity and attention to detail is a must
- Talent for networking and developing close relationships
- Well-organized with keen ability to prioritize relationships that add maximum value
- Good understanding of healthcare and technology innovation; ability to communicate thoughtfully with healthcare executives
- 2-6 years work experience, preferably in marketing, branding, sales, and/or account management in a healthcare-related field