Rock Health is hiring a Brand & Communications Manager to oversee the brand and communications strategy of the foremost digital health venture fund and advisory services group. This person fanatically maintains the integrity of the Rock Health brand across all of our activities—and ensures this ethos is imbued across all team members, leaders, and board members. With a sharp eye for design, podcast-worthy content, and the most inconspicuous of typos, the Brand & Communications (B&C) Manager focuses on three critical goals:
- Projecting Rock Health’s mission, values, insights, and thought leadership—in all the important places, at the right times.
- Conveying the full scope of Rock Heath’s activities and businesses to convey the differentiated value of the Rock Health brand. This includes ownership of brand and communications across the Rock Health Foundation, Rock Health’s early-stage digital health venture fund, and the Advisory Services business.
- Supporting the brand and communication needs of Rock Health portfolio companies at key moments in their growth.
Content and Communications Strategy
- Drive consistent and compelling messaging, brand integrity, and a cohesive flow of content across all aspects of Rock Health—Consulting, Membership Services, Research, Venture, and (non-profit) Events.
- Own the editorial calendar, tracking all content and B&C activities of Rock Health. The manager will build processes for prioritizing messages, partnering with the team to add content to the calendar, and revising the calendar.
- Work closely with the Growth Strategy & Operations Manager, who is tasked with content marketing to drive leads and revenue. The B&C Manager will review and approve marketing campaigns and messaging brought forward by the Growth Strategy & Operations Manager.
- Curate and optimize existing communication and content channels. Assess effectiveness of current strategies (e.g., A/B testing), and test new content and channels to deepen engagement and/or reach new audiences. Track latest trends in website, newsletter, content marketing, and social media approaches. Channel oversight will include:
- Newsletter: Oversee execution of all Rock Weekly newsletter activities, pursuing new, aggressive growth tactics where appropriate and closely tracking progress to assess effectiveness.
- Podcast: Drive the planning, recording, and production of the Rock Health Podcast, identifying compelling conversation topics and opportunities to elevate Rock Health thought leaders, portfolio companies, corporate partners, and other industry leaders.
- Social media: Use a data-driven approach to optimize social media/website channels to target specific audiences and grow brand reach.
- Website: Maintain the Rock Health website(s) and propose new design and content.
- Ensure Rock Health content and communications meet the needs of portfolio companies—this may include featuring these companies in the aforementioned channels, or working with them on bespoke programming (e.g., a webinar to showcase recent investments)
- Create the processes, playbooks, and workflows that allow B&C efforts to grow into a scaled function
- When needed, recruit and manage B&C fellow(s) to ensure phenomenal contribution and experience
Key Relationship Building
- Manage all external messaging and press touchpoints for Rock Health
- Build new relationships with journalists and be a trusted source of information for existing press relationships
- Oversee events focused on cultivating brand identity and press relationships—and find new creative ways to deepen these relationships
- Ensure Rock Health is well-represented within leading healthcare publications, academic journals, events, and other channels
- Create and refine the Rock Health brand, including content templates (e.g., PowerPoint, infographics, videos) that deliver content with impact and beautiful design
- Work with and manage external designers/vendors as needed
- 3+ years of experience in PR/communications or brand marketing in healthcare (preferred)
- An avid storyteller with experience building compelling marketing narratives
- Comfortable speaking about Rock Health in many different forums, from conversations with press to witty Tweets. Can distill complex messaging into simple ideas that resonate with Rock Health’s key audiences
- Experience building relationships with press outlets, events, and individual journalists
- A planner. Loves tracking everything from budgets to press mentions to project tasks
- Creative! Loves conceiving new ideas to develop the Rock Health brand and has a knack for creating clean, elegant, beautiful design (Adobe Creative Suite proficiency a huge plus)
- Self-starter; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with minimal oversight. Intuits what comes next and proactively tackles projects
- Detail-oriented. Can spot a typo or misused font a mile away
- Strong knowledge of marketing analytics, LinkedIn and Twitter advertising, retargeting, and A/B testing
- Proven experience editing and finalizing deliverables (e.g., newsletters, PowerPoint slides, podcast) at a public-facing caliber
- Experience working with email marketing campaign tools such as MailChimp and mail merges