Rock Health is a venture fund and advisory services business dedicated to digital health. We support both sides of the enterprise market for digital health—funding digital health entrepreneurs and advising large healthcare corporations, with the ultimate goal of catalyzing the scalable adoption of groundbreaking technologies in healthcare.
Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being.
About the role
We’re hiring a Principal to lead the Consulting practice within our Advisory Services business. You will help senior executives make high-impact choices to embrace digital health strategies to achieve business objectives and to realize breakthrough value associated with those choices. You will build trusted relationships with senior executives in the enterprise healthcare market (Health Plan, Health System, Pharmaceutical and Medical Technology clients), identify strategy and transformation business opportunities by leveraging personal relationships and our footprint in existing client organizations, deliver high impact engagements to our clients by collaborating with members of our consulting team, and develop strong thought leadership.
You are an experienced and recognized leader in healthcare consulting. Though you may have earned your stripes leading large engagements at a major firm, you have a thirst to grow a consulting business of your own. You inspire teams to not just execute seamlessly on projects, but to build the aptitude, processes, and culture that creates scalable work and a meaningful team experience. Of course, you care deeply about making a difference by having a massive impact on the healthcare industry.
- Lead the Rock Health Consulting Practice
- Contribute to the Practice’s business development strategy and its implementation, including participation in the digital health community, periodic industry presentations, and publication
- Build and nurture senior level client relationships
- Deepen relationships with existing Rock Health client organizations and identify Consulting buyers and key decision makers
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell with other Rock Health teams
- Scope, sell and oversee small-, medium-, and large-scale client engagements in the enterprise healthcare space (Health Plan, Health System, Pharmaceutical and/or Medical Technology sectors)
- Direct teams to effectively solve unstructured problems and engage in high value conversations with client leaders
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Craft influential C-level communications and deliver with clarity, confidence, and enthusiasm
- Manage relationships and unlock business opportunities with affiliate partners, both independent consultants and aligned firms
- Work directly with Rock Health’s President to develop a medium-term staffing plan and assist with the recruitment of new employees
- Champion recruiting and retention efforts on an ongoing basis to grow and develop the practice
- Develop staff professionally, including both formal direct reports and informal mentees
- Provide additional leadership in growing the Rock Health Advisory Services business
- Develop offerings and ideas that deliver high client impact
- Meet with Rock Health’s President and Chief Operating Officer regularly to develop management recommendations for new/enhanced service offerings and outline implementation plans
- Collaborate with Rock Health’s broader management team on firmwide long-term planning
- Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Be an industry thought leader
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Integrate within our values-driven culture as a team player
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Health Administration, Public Health or Life Sciences
- MBA or Advanced Degree is highly desirable
- 6-10 years’ experience in healthcare industry management consulting
- 3+ years’ experience in a management role within a professional services firm
- Demonstrated experience with driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the “C” level of enterprise healthcare companies
- Characteristics of a forward thinker and self-starter that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to new knowledge
- An articulated commitment to the digital health ecosystem
- Ability to lead a virtual team of consulting professionals across multiple projects
- A high level of motivation and self-starting attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- A willingness to travel when necessary to meet client needs (today’s extreme situation withstanding)
- Executive-level presence and communication skill
Rock Health may use third party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.
For Californian applicants, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.