We’re hiring a Business Development and Partnerships Manager/Associate to manage relationships with Rock Health’s external partners. You will support Rock Health’s growth by helping to secure new partners and servicing, delighting, and renewing existing partners—all while deepening partner relationships.
You will identify gaps and capture emerging business opportunities while screening potential partners and deals for fit. You will build Rock Health’s market position by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing external relationships.
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager/Associate will build strong relationships with partners and employ intimate knowledge of each partner’s objectives and goals for working with Rock Health. You’ll liaise closely with the venture and research teams to keep partners well-informed about evolving digital health market dynamics and relevant emerging technologies. You’ll also play a pivotal role in ensuring Rock Health’s partnership and sponsorship offerings are consistently refreshed so that we maintain our role as a market leader in supporting the buy-side of the market for digital health.
Rock Health is the first venture fund dedicated to digital health. Rock Health exists to fund and support entrepreneurs working at the intersection of healthcare and technology. Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being—driving down the cost to deliver improved services to more people.
Rock Health’s corporate partners and event sponsors—who include companies like AbbVie, Blue Shield of California, Cox Enterprises, CVS Health, GSK, Google, and Sutter Health—are a critical part of the digital health ecosystem, driving the adoption of new technologies and advancing innovation in healthcare at scale. Rock Health supports our partners by showcasing them at our signature events, leveraging our research, data, and investing expertise to inform their digital strategies and startup partnership decisions, in addition to helping to grow their network and brand in healthcare innovation.
You’re a skilled relationship-builder who is interested in learning about every person you meet. You’re humble and care deeply about making a difference—ideally by having a massive impact in healthcare. A natural networker, you thrive on making connections among people and organizations. You love closing deals and have the persistence, creativity, and humanity to get to “yes.” You recognize the value Rock Health provides and are skillful at communicating that vision to others. You’re also a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who can identify and execute on new opportunities to drive value to Rock Health’s partner ecosystem.
- Build a sales funnel through existing relationships, networking, and outbound outreach
- Independently lead meetings with prospective partners
- Create follow-up materials for potential prospects to drive sales engagement
- Create and maintain sales-related assets, including online presence, one-pagers, executive summaries, and decks
- Independently own and manage a growing portfolio of partners
- Build and manage relationships with Rock Health partners, including leading regular check-in calls, Quarterly Business Reviews, and in-person meetings
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of partners’ business, strategy, and digital health-related initiatives
- Ensure partners receive all partnership benefits in a timely manner
- Track partnership goals, interests, and objectives
- Independently ensure delivery on partnership goals
- Regularly attend meetings with digital health entrepreneurs to keep a pulse on emerging technologies on behalf of partners
- Proactively “connect the dots” between the strategies of Rock Health’s partners and those of portfolio companies, other partners, and deal flow companies
- Independently build and execute on plans to renew existing partner relationships and to upsell partners when appropriate
- Track all external interactions in Rock Health’s CRM and major projects activities in Asana
- Create and maintain all partnership-related information assets, including slide decks, and relevant portions of the Rock Health website—working in coordination with the marketing and research teams to ensure all information is always up to date
- Work with the Director of Partnerships to ensure program offerings are consistently refreshed and exceeding the needs of partners
- Experiment with new partnership offerings to ensure constant delivery of value to partners as their businesses mature and evolve
- Independently manage the contracting process for renewing partners, negotiate key contract terms
- Be the “voice of the partner” in internal Rock Health team discussions, advocating for their point of view while balancing additional priorities of Rock Health
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities to optimize and scale partner account management processes
- Independently prepare and delivers high-quality presentations/content to senior executives at partner organizations in a way that reinforces Rock Health’s position as a thought leader in digital health
- Work with other Account Managers and Director of Partnerships to plan biannual partner retreats and dinners
- Manages fellows when necessary, ensuring phenomenal contribution and experience
- Provide account management support to partners before, during, and after each Rock Health event, ensuring that they have seamless and valuable experience
Other duties as needed and as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-6 years work experience. Healthcare-related field strongly preferred
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and fanatical attention to detail
- Talent for networking—meeting new people and connecting people—and developing productive business relationships
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel with consistent high quality
- Self-starter who is able to navigate uncertainty and thrive with minimal management
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry and technology innovation
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, confidently succinctly with senior executives