About Rock Health.org
Almost a decade ago, Rock Health’s nonprofit laid part of the foundation for digital health when we hosted the first Rock Health Summit, Digital Health CEO Summit, and numerous other initiatives to build a vibrant, interconnected, and inclusive digital health community. The entire digital health industry has grown dramatically over the past decade, and Rock Health as a whole—both our for-profit business and our nonprofit 501(c)(3) sister organization, RockHealth.org—has entered a new chapter in our history.
The past several years in particular have been a period of sustained growth for both Rock Health’s for-profit and our 501(c)(3)—growth that has put us on new footing on both fronts.
Rock Health.org is now looking to expand its vision to transform health for all of humanity and bring greater humanity to healthcare.
About the Job
Rock Health.org is looking for a Chief of Staff. In this role, you will work with the Rock Health.org CEO and broader Rock Health team. The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in bringing Rock Health.org into its independent existence and next phase of growth. First, you will support the Rock Health.org equity-centered impact strategy process that will create a strategic direction for growth. You will then collaborate with the Rock Health.org CEO and broader Rock Health team to lead the planning and implementation of the new strategy including building a team, designing initiatives, establishing operational excellence, and engaging the community.
As the Chief of Staff, your priorities will include:
- People: Oversee staff and internal operations. Implement and manage hiring process. Design agendas. Manage board-related operations.
- Systems: Create decision-making frameworks. Oversee workstreams, manage goalsetting and annual planning processes. Design and implement partnership engagement systems.
- Strategy: Manage organizational priorities. Spearhead special projects. Overhaul our metrics. Lead implementation of strategic plan.
- Thought Partnership: Act as an advisor and confidant to the CEO. Represent the organization externally. Gather and connect with industry leaders.
We’re looking for folks with the following skills:
- You’re proactive. You can’t help but think five steps ahead. If you don’t have the answer, you take initiative to figure it out. You see areas for improvement and dive in to make things better.
- You’re a natural organizer. You enjoy making complex tasks simple. You believe in administrative systems and can make tedious processes feel seamless for you and your teammates.
- You have hands-on experience managing budgets, you appreciate leveraging spreadsheets as a planning tool, and know your way around financial modeling processes and platforms.
- You have a high attention to detail for your and others’ work. You pay attention to all the moving parts and their implications.
- You write with clarity and directness, and can give easy to understand instructions to our stakeholders—partners, participants, donors, etc.
- You partner with and adapt well to colleagues that represent different learning and processing styles (i.e., visual learners, verbal processors, etc.).
- You thrive in a fast paced, complex, high pressure, and dynamic environment. You have clear processes to manage work but are able to shift and adapt as opportunities and needs emerge.
- You’re relational and enjoy working directly with multiple stakeholder groups from all walks of life.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $110,000-$130,000 commensurate with experience. Rock Health.org offers a work environment that supports employees and embraces a human-centered approach to our practices and policies.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Remote and flexible work options
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to equity and justice: Rock Health.org is looking for a person with a demonstrated commitment to equity and creating a healthier world by helping to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rock Health.org does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here to submit an application. Applications will close on June 16, 2021.