Rock Health is a venture fund and advisory services business dedicated to digital health. We support both sides of the enterprise market for digital health—funding digital health entrepreneurs and advising large healthcare corporations, with the ultimate goal of catalyzing the scalable adoption of groundbreaking technologies in healthcare.
Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being.
About the role
We’re hiring a Senior Engagement Manager within our digital health Consulting practice. You will help senior executives at client organizations make high-impact choices to embrace digital health strategies, achieve business objectives, and realize breakthrough value associated with those choices. You will build trusted relationships with senior executives in the enterprise healthcare market (Health Plan, Health System, Pharmaceutical and Medical Technology clients), develop business opportunities at our existing and new client organizations, deliver high impact engagements to our clients by managing, coaching, and mentoring members of our consulting team. Part of your job will be to develop thought leadership around digital health in collaboration with the venture and research teams within Rock Health and to publish articles based on the insights you have developed.
You are an experienced engagement manager in healthcare consulting who has a passion for digital health. You have experience at a major firm, but you are eager to work in an entrepreneurial environment where you are part of the leadership team. You are a great team leader, setting direction and managing teams to execute seamlessly on projects, but also coaching and mentoring to build capabilities within your team and create a positive team experience. You are able to collaborate effectively and are a team player, pitching in where needed. You have a strong desire to develop as a leader and a professional, and recognize that this requires being open to coaching and feedback from your team.
You are a strategic thinker who can “crack the problem” and can communicate the answer clearly in both written and verbal communications. You are comfortable with ambiguity, and are confident charting a path forward for the team and prioritizing among multiple competing tasks. You have strong client management capabilities and build easy rapport with stakeholders across client teams.
You are excited by the opportunity to build a new practice (a startup within Rock Health) and also to build your expertise and network in Digital Health.
- Effectively lead teams to deliver on client engagements
- Break down strategic problems, develop a path to answering them, define workstreams and manage the process to developing innovative solutions
- Craft influential C-level communications and deliver with clarity and confidence
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Build and nurture senior level client relationships
- Contribute to business development, including participation in the digital health community, publication, and proposal development
- Spear-head practice building initiatives such as knowledge management and digital health thought leadership
- Collaborate with the broader Rock Health team on company-wide initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business, Health Administration, Public Health, Technology or Life Sciences
- MBA, Advanced Degree, or equivalent significant industry work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare industry management consulting
- 1-2 years experience in a management role within a professional services firm (managing projects, team, and client relationships)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- High level of motivation and self-starting attitude
- Passion for the digital health ecosystem
- Willingness to travel when necessary to meet client needs (today’s extreme situation withstanding) – note this is not a full-time travel position
Rock Health may use third party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.
For Californian applicants, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.