We’re hiring an Associate to serve in an account management role as part of the Partnerships team to manage relationships with Rock Health’s external partners. You’ll support Rock Health’s growth by helping to close new partners and by servicing, delighting, and renewing existing partners, while deepening partner relationships.
As part of the Partnerships team, the Associate will build strong relationships with partners and employ intimate knowledge of each partner’s objectives and goals for working with Rock Health. You’ll liaise closely with the advisory services, venture, and research teams to keep partners well-informed about evolving digital health market dynamics and relevant emerging technologies.
Rock Health is the first venture fund dedicated to digital health. Rock Health exists to fund and support entrepreneurs working at the intersection of healthcare and technology. Put simply, our mandate is impact. We want to make healthcare massively better for every human being—driving down the cost to deliver improved services to more people.
Rock Health’s corporate partners and event sponsors—who include companies like AbbVie, Blue Shield of California, Cox Enterprises, CVS Health, GSK, and Sutter Health—are a critical part of the digital health ecosystem, driving the adoption of new technologies and advancing innovation in healthcare at scale. Rock Health supports our partners by showcasing them at our signature events, leveraging our research, data, and investing expertise to inform their digital strategies and startup partnership decisions, in addition to helping to grow their network and brand in healthcare innovation.
- Build and manage relationships with Rock Health partners, including leading regular check-in calls, Quarterly Business Reviews, and in-person meetings
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of partners’ business, strategy, and digital health-related initiatives and be the “voice of the partner” in internal Rock Health team discussions, advocating for their point of view while balancing additional priorities of Rock Health
- Ensure partners receive all partnership benefits in a timely manner
- Ensure delivery of partnership goals and objectives with support from manager and/or with Rock Health’s advisory services, research, venture, events, and marketing teams
- Regularly attend meetings with digital health entrepreneurs to keep a pulse on emerging technologies on behalf of partners
- With support from Partnerships leadership, build and execute on plans to renew existing partner relationships and to upsell partners when appropriate
- Support refinement of partnership-related information assets, including slide decks, and relevant portions of the Rock Health website—working in coordination with the marketing and research teams to ensure all information is always up to date
- With support, manage the contracting process for renewing partners
- With support from manager, plan, coordinate, and lead meetings with partner senior executives
- Work with Partnerships team to plan biannual partner retreats and dinners
- Provide support to partners before, during, and after each Rock Health event, ensuring that they have a seamless and valuable experience
Sales & Business Development
- Support the sales organization in building a prospective partnership funnel through networking and outbound outreach
- Attend meetings with prospective partners and prepare follow-up materials for prospects and drive sales engagement
- Support creation and maintenance of sales-related assets, including online presence, one-pagers, executive summaries, and decks
Other duties as needed and as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- 1-3 years account management experience. Healthcare-related field strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity and fanatical attention to detail
- Talent for networking – meeting new people and connecting people – and developing productive business relationships
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel with consistent high quality
- Self-starter who is able to navigate uncertainty and thrive with minimal management
- Solid understanding of the healthcare industry and technology innovation. Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully and succinctly with senior executives