About Rock Health.org
Almost a decade ago, Rock Health’s nonprofit laid part of the foundation for digital health when we hosted the first Rock Health Summit, Digital Health CEO Summit, and numerous other initiatives to build a vibrant, interconnected, and inclusive digital health community. The entire digital health industry has grown dramatically over the past decade, and Rock Health as a whole—both our for-profit business and our nonprofit 501(c)(3) sister organization, RockHealth.org—has entered a new chapter in our history.
The past several years in particular have been a period of sustained growth for both Rock Health’s for-profit and our 501(c)(3)—growth that has put us on new footing on both fronts.
Rock Health.org is now looking to expand its vision to transform health for all of humanity and bring greater humanity to healthcare.
The role of the Associate is to support the Rock Health.org CEO and Senior Manager of Events in the development and delivery of Rock Health’s content, events, and programs.
Rock Health annually hosts thousands of people at its innovative events, cultivating a vibrant digital health community and creating educational content and experiences. The Associate will support the planning of content and design for annual signature events like Top 50 in Digital Health, Digital Health CEO Summit, and Rock Health Summit. The Associate will spearhead supporting a variety of programming for entrepreneurs, investors, and corporate innovators, while acting as an integral developer of our marketing, communications, social media, and graphic/digital design strategy.
- A planner; you are well-versed in Google Docs (particularly Sheets) and love tracking everything from budgets to RSVPs to yearly calendars
- A self-starter; you intuit what comes next and proactively tackle a project while thinking five steps ahead
- Adaptable; you excel at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines, and prioritizing your time to get things done
- Detail oriented; you know what questions to ask when and can spot a typo a mile away
- A skilled oral and written communicator; you’re comfortable speaking about Rock Health to potential sponsors and partners, facilitating panel prep calls and writing professional emails, witty blog posts, and clever Tweets
- Not afraid to think outside of the box to get the job done
- Digitally savvy, you love building compelling decks in PowerPoint, tweaking logos in Adobe and have an eye for graphic and digital design
- An avid learner; you care deeply about solving real problems in healthcare and are excited to roll up your sleeves
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (in events, marketing, communications, social media, and/or graphic/digital design)
Content and Design
- Assist with the development of Rock Health’s graphic and web design elements, and support overall content creation
- Work with leadership to refine content and develop engaging event sessions, including writing session goals, titles, descriptions, and content outlines
- Support events team in conducting outreach to speakers and moderators; facilitate planning calls and pre-event support
- Develop creative and innovative elements to weave into our event agendas and ensure we are always doing something new and engaging
- Act as a thought leader on creative design and graphic elements as they pertain to our website(s), social media presence, and hybrid events
Event Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Help identify and secure potential sponsors for our events
- Work with leadership to identify, build, and manage relationships with sponsors. Taking ownership of key sponsor relationships when necessary
- Help create in-kind sponsorship contracts for events and secure sponsorships
- Work to brainstorm creative ideas for sponsorship activation
- Manage all sponsor-related logistics including payment, invoicing, gathering marketing materials, and collateral
- Act as go-to person for sponsors on-site
Broader Event Logistics
- Support the A to Z of our business, planning and logistics, with a tailored focus on our graphic and digital marketing needs
- Support the creation of the overall design and branding of our events. This includes tweaking event logos year-to-year, updating event websites as needed, working to create event stage design, etc.
- Identify and contract event vendors (venues, caterers, printers, etc.) to ensure that all Rock Health events are on-brand, high-quality, and within budget
- Conduct attendee and registration management, helping to oversee our platforms, answering questions and supporting sponsors, speakers, and attendees with registration
Primary events include:
- Top 50 in Digital Health
- Digital Health CEO Summit
- Rock Health Summit
- Regional events
- Co-hosted, topical events
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $50,000-$60,000/year commensurate with experience. Rock Health.org offers a work environment that supports employees and embraces a human-centered approach to our practices and policies.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Remote and flexible work options
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to equity and justice: Rock Health.org is looking for a person with a demonstrated commitment to equity and creating a healthier world by helping to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rock Health.org does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please click here to submit an application.