5 things we’re most excited about at Rock Health Summit
The Rock Health office is abuzz with anticipation as the sixth Rock Health Summit inches closer and closer! Before 600+ digital health aficionados descend upon the UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center on October 17 and 18, we’re sharing five things we’re especially looking forward to at this year’s Summit.
(Psst—there are still some open spots on our Innovation Tours, but not for long. Grab your VIP pass to get up close and personal with companies on the cutting edge before prices increase after this Friday, September 15.)
In no particular order…
1. The dynamic, diverse speaker lineup of leaders and luminaries
Our speakers span the gamut of industries—from technology, medicine, policy, venture, and beyond. We believe the most challenging healthcare problems can only be solved when all parties are present at the table, meaningful partnerships are forged across sectors, and patient outcomes are put first and foremost. A few highlights from this year’s lineup:
- We’ve gathered a highly-qualified bunch of experts and professionals—23% of speakers have an MD, 20% have an MBA, and 13% have a PhD. Thirty-five percent have more than one!
- We also believe in ensuring that our speakers are diverse in background to represent the varied perspectives within our industry and society—this year, roughly half are women, while nearly 40% are non-white.
- Two VCs, David Lee and Yumin Choi, will take the stage to discuss how their brushes with healthcare—as cancer patients and resilient survivors—have shaped their outlooks and investment strategies.
2. Opportunities to grow our networks of healthcare changemakers
Rock Health Summit is a unique opportunity to connect with and learn from other enthusiasts driving real change in healthcare. With that in mind, we’ve carved out over five hours of dedicated facetime with your fellow attendees, including two evening receptions, thoughtful discussion topics over lunch, and rapid-fire speed networking—a fan favorite at past Summits. Plus, our custom Rock Health Summit app allows you to connect virtually at your convenience before, during, and after the event. When you check in, we’ll provide a way for you to display on your name badge what you’re looking for at the Summit—whether that’s to hire a new member of your team or find an investor for your latest endeavor.
3. Getting our hands on the latest and greatest digital health technologies
This year, we’re excited to include twelve interactive demos of some of the latest innovations in healthcare. Stop by the “Lab of the Future” to get a quick and painless blood sample using TAP, the world’s first push-button blood collection device, and have a free health test with online results ordered and delivered by EverlyWell. At our two-hour Demo Night, you can watch the 3D-printing of living tissue from BioBots, explore the intricacies of 19Labs’ smart telehealth platform for complete remote care, escape in a virtual reality platform for autism therapy from Floreo, and so much more!
4. The freebies we’re tempted to keep ourselves
You’ll have the chance to take home some incredible giveaways, made possible by our generous donors. Want to increase your odds of winning? Make sure to participate in the daily surveys, live polling, and chat rooms using our event app! A few of the items you have a shot at winning include:
- 23andMe: a free DNA test of your health, traits, and ancestry
- MOCAheart: an all-in-one smart heart tracker that measures heart rate, blood oxygen, and pulse wave velocity with a quick scan of your thumbs
- Muse: the brain-sensing headband
- Quell: a 100% drug-free wearable pain relief technology
- SoulCycle: three free classes at any Northern California location
5. Adding a new skill (or three!) to our arsenal
Beyond the general session, you can dive deeper into the subject matter that interests you in our master classes and workshops. These smaller, focused sessions are led by pioneers in their areas of expertise. There are three concurrent sessions to choose from, including “How to Win at Security,” a guide to startup security decisions by Chas Ballew, Co-founder and CEO of Aptible.