EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 28, 2020
Personal Information We Collect
The categories of personal information we collect are:
Information You Provide to Us
YOUR COMMUNICATION WITH US
We collect personal information from you such as your name, email address, company, title, social media profile, and your interests or reason for visiting us when you request information about our Services, submit your company for review for investment, attend one of our events, partner with us or sponsor an event, sign up for our newsletter, or otherwise communicate with us.
USE OF SERVICES
We provide early stage startups with funding and support. Entrepreneurs can submit information about themselves and their team, including their email, company name and description, and other pertinent business information, which may be shared by us as described below. You can choose to provide personal information about you and your team, your email and other contact information, your accomplishments, your company name and description, your market and product overview, business plan, funding goals and history, and pitch deck. We also offer job boards for possible openings with us and other third party companies. Any information you submit to third parties is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
We may offer blogs or social media pages. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” and is not subject to privacy protections.
REGISTRATION FOR SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTESTS
We may run sweepstakes and contests. Contact information you provide may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes, if permitted by law. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of winners.
Automatic Data Collection
We collect data regarding your use of our Services, such as the types and duration of your activities. We may also collect certain information automatically when you visit our website, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, IMEI, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services.
COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS/WEB BEACONS, ANALYTICS INFORMATION
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Information from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through these services may include your name, your user identification number, your user name, location, gender, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts stored in that service. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to us and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for a variety of purposes, including to:
Provide you with our Services and fulfill any of our contracts with you, including:
- Managing your information and providing funding and support;
- Responding to your questions, comments, and other requests;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services including our newsletter, research resources, and job board;
- Communicating with you about your interaction with our Services and any policy changes;
- Communicating with our industry partners and our network to support your use of the Services;
- Answering your requests for customer or technical support; and
- Allowing you to partner, sponsor or register for events.
Analyze and improve our Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Conducting research and development;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control;
- Verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Detecting security incidents, bugs or other issues;
- Preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforcing our terms and policies; and
- To comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, as described below.
Use De-identified and Aggregated Information.
We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified Service usage information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
Rock Health Inc.
301 Howard St #950
San Francisco, California 94105
Stay in the loop.
Get the Rock Weekly.
Subscribe to keep your finger on the pulse of digital health.