The 7 coolest things you’ll see at Health Innovation Summit 2014
‘Tis the day before HISUM, and all through SF, attendees are arriving to explore digital health. Tomorrow marks the fourth annual Health Innovation Summit, an unparalleled conference in digital health that brings together over 400 health and technology enthusiasts to discuss the future of healthcare. Let’s take a peek at the 7 coolest things you’ll see at HISUM this year:
1. Body map of your own biometrics. At our Health By Numbers rooftop reception, you will measure everything from your cholesterol levels (with Integrated Plasmonics’ Ladybug Kit) to breaths per minute (by Spire) and even your blood alcohol content (hello, Breathometer)—perfect for a cocktail reception complete with beats and a photo booth.
2. An Uber for your teeth. Get an insider tour of the brand new and stunningly designed Studio Dental truck parked outside the conference. Don’t miss Dr. Sara Creighton from Studio Dental in our panel, “The Uberfication of Healthcare,” along with founding team members from Doctor on Demand (Adam Jackson) and Pager (Meghan Jewitt).
3. Insider look at San Francisco’s offices of innovation. We’re lifting the veil on some of the most innovative companies in the industry. See what it’s like to work in digital health through behind-the-scenes Innovation Tours at the offices of Jawbone, Castlight Health, Practice Fusion, IDEO, and more. Attendees will get their blood pumping with a morning walk to two offices and hear from insiders at two separate offices.
4. Panelist dialing in via robot. Beam me up, doc: Dr. Daniel Kraft from Singularity University will join the “Paging Doctor Droid” panel—in fitting with the topic—via a Beam Robot video conference system.
5. The next great digital health idea. Anyone at HISUM can enter to pitch at the “More Disruption Please!” pitch contest on Friday. We’re sure to hear some first-time reveals of exciting new digital health startups that you won’t want to miss.
6. Play-by-play look at HISUM. Citizen reporters will sport the Narrative Clip, a wearable camera that snaps a photo every 30 seconds, throughout the event. Stay tuned for the final product!
7. An epic dance-off. We’re giving away thousands of dollars’ worth of our favorite products and services, including gifts from One Medical, Soul Cycle, Cuff, 23andMe, and OMSignal. HISUM attendees are a talented bunch, so we’re looking forward to some stiff competition in a dance-off, yoga balancing contest, and digital health quiz bowl to win sweet prizes.
Didn’t snag a ticket this year? Don’t fret—get a slice of the action on Twitter at #HISUM and catch videos from all of our panels posted on our YouTube channel soon after the event. In the meantime, check out our playlist from last year’s HISUM.