Introducing the latest Rock Health additions
With much pride and delight, today we’re announcing the newest Rock Health portfolio companies that are using technology to tackle broad and pressing issues in healthcare. We’ve also brought on three new corporate partners to provide key strategic support to our startups and Rock Health’s operations.
These latest companies are tackling broad areas of healthcare, including issues in biotechnology, chronic disease, and healthcare regulation. We are thrilled by not only the sheer number of entrepreneurs building digital health companies, but also the incredible diversity of ideas. With these additions, we have a diverse and active portfolio of 55 digital health companies across the country.
Without further ado, meet the latest Rock Health companies:
- Accountable is an online platform that guides companies step-by-step through the process of becoming HIPAA compliant.
- Acumen is building a digital platform to allow doctors to evaluate and manage neurological disorders through analysis of patient video.
- Aptible gives developers a secure deployment platform and tools to manage HIPAA compliance for web and mobile applications. Also backed by Y Combinator, Aptible launched publicly in August 2014.
- Benchling is a cloud-based data management and collaboration platform for life science R&D.
- TelePharm is a web and mobile app that provides efficient pharmacy care by allowing pharmacists and patients to connect online, anytime, anywhere. TelePharm recently closed a $2.5M Series A led by medical tech venture capitalist John Pappajohn and Iowa state Board of Regents President Bruce Rastetter.
- Welkin Health‘s coaches drive behavior change by offering daily support to patients with type 2 diabetes through an easy-to-use smartphone application. Welkin recently released its Android app and kicked off its first two partnerships with care organizations to prescribe its product to their patients.
(Two additional companies still in stealth mode have also joined the portfolio—stay tuned for their unveiling.)
Announcing our three new corporate partners
We’ve partnered with three of the most forward-thinking stakeholders in the industry to provide our startups with access to their expertise and form early relationships. They span diverse sectors of healthcare and provide key support for the growth and sustainability of portfolio companies as well as supporting the mission of Rock Health as a whole.
- Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 69,000 people.
- Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health plan dedicated to providing Californians with access to high-quality healthcare at an affordable price. One of the largest health plan providers in the state, they are committed to driving innovation through technology to improve member engagement. The health plan recently announced an initiative with Anthem Blue Cross to create the California Integrated Data Exchange, or Cal INDEX, a next generation Health Information Exchange initially providing physicians and nurses with secure, on-line access to approximately 9 million health information records – or nearly one-fourth of the state’s population. Cal INDEX expects to be operational by the end of 2014.
- Deloitte Consulting’s life sciences and healthcare practice helps clients anticipate the critical transformations underway in healthcare today. Deloitte has a strong history working with hospital systems conducting healthcare research and brings valuable industry insights to digital health companies. This year, Deloitte Consulting launched ConvergeHEALTH by Deloitte to apply insights derived from data, analytics, collaborative business models and transformational services to support the data-driven transformation of healthcare.