RockHealth.org equips digital health innovators with the resources, reach, and recognition they need to create an equitable digital health future for all. RockHealth.org is the sister non-profit organization of Rock Health Inc.—a venture fund and advisory services firm that invests in and advises ventures in the digital health space.
Context on RockHealth.org:
A decade ago, Rock Health’s nonprofit arm activated the digital health field by building a series of vibrant, interconnected events (i.e., Rock Health Summit, Digital Health CEO Summit, etc.). These events advanced the field’s understanding of cross-cutting ideas and laid the foundation of a vibrant, interconnected, and inclusive digital health community. Since 2011, digital health has seen sustained growth spanning from heightened levels of innovation, venture investment, and broader ecosystem activity. In short, there are more innovative ventures, more investment capital flooding into the market, and an outsized opportunity to make healthcare massively better for all. Alongside this growth, the field is actively considering how digital health can expand its reach and impact by engaging an increasingly diverse array of people. To explore and address these emerging questions, RockHealth.org is working to expand its vision and impact to ensure that equity is centered in and across the field of digital health.
RockHealth.org is looking for a collaborative, agile, strategic, and equity-oriented Associate to join our growing team. The Associate will play a cross-cutting role supporting RockHealth.org’s leaders to activate and operationalize the organization’s impact strategy. The Associate will bring a strong learning orientation with a deep (or emerging) interest in the digital health, public health, and/or venture capital ecosystems. The Associate will report to RockHealth.org’s Chief of Staff.
Strategic Initiatives (45%)
- Support the operations and assessment of emerging initiatives (i.e., contributing to project design and planning discussions, coordinating logistics/operations management, etc.)
- Conduct field research and scans to inform initiative programming design and management
- Develop compelling content and presentation materials to support initiative activities
- Draft communications with key internal and external audiences to share progress, updates, and emerging learnings
Ecosystem Engagement (45%)
- Support the design, planning, and implementation of field-leading ecosystem engagement activities and serve as the point for event-related logistics/operations
- Contribute to sponsorship strategy efforts and manage sponsor-related logistics
- Steward the development of event-related communications and branding content
- Build relationships among actors in the digital health ecosystem
Leadership Special Projects Support (10%)
- Assist and coordinate special projects on an ad-hoc basis for RockHealth.org CEO and Chief of Staff (e.g., fundraising efforts, developing special topic briefs, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of an inviting and inclusive organizational culture
- 2+ years of experience managing complex projects in a dynamic setting (e.g., nonprofit management, consulting, venture investing, advisory services, research, etc.)
- Exceptional ability to use analytical skills to spot trends and develop solutions
- Highly adaptable and able to manage multiple stakeholders and changing priorities
- Engaging, compelling, and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Effective at building relationships and collaborative work environments
- Strong ability to navigate ambiguity with grace, tact, and poise
- Highly organized and detail-oriented project management skills
- Deep (or emerging) interest in digital health, public health, and/or healthcare
- Commitment to equity and justice
- Mastery of Microsoft Office and Google Suite programs
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $50,000-$60,000/year commensurate with experience. RockHealth.org offers a work environment that supports employees and embraces an equity-guided and human-centered approach to our practices and policies.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Remote and flexible work options
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
Commitment to Equity and Justice:
RockHealth.org is looking for a person with a demonstrated commitment to equity and creating a healthier world by helping to dismantle unjust systems of oppression. We don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do expect you to have a strong desire to put your skills to work in doing this transformational work.
To apply for this role, please click here.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, RockHealth.org does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, hairstyle, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
RockHealth.org may use third-party service providers to assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing. By submitting your application, you acknowledge your information may be sent to those providers who are assisting in the specific search and agree to these terms.