September 2, 2014
Meet the More Disruption Please pitch competition winners!
We finished off our recent fourth annual Health Innovation Summit in the full-spirit of our mission to support entrepreneurs powering the future of digital health, partnering with athenahealth on a fast pitch contest to find and reward five up-and-coming digital health startups.
Attendees from across the country submitted their ideas over the two-day event and our favorites stood up in front of the audience to share their company stories. Introducing the winners:
An invitation to athenahealth’s exclusive MDP Conference (including lodging, food, and drink), plus a guaranteed spot in the conference pitch-off in front of key athena clients
- On Demand Dietician enables simplified nutrition counseling for large companies who employ registered dietitians. Offering users 24-hour access to text, talk, and video consultations, the solution provides an efficient and cost effective solution for improving everyday health.
Rock Health Award
$500 (plus a sweet Rock Health T-shirt)
- Parzival, a new content platform for medical resources, is aiming to connect doctors and researchers to the most reliable sources when looking for treatment and disease information. The medical search engine is starting with emergency medicine and has piloted an early version of the product in 50 of the top US hospitals.
People’s Choice Awards
LapkaTM Personal Environment Monitor
- Doorstep Health is transforming the continuity of care through new tools for chronic disease management.
- HelpAround is connecting diabetics across the country. The mobile app is designed to offer layers of support to the 29.1 million Americans coping with the disease everyday. This includes a nearby network of users that can locate and contact each other for help, tailored advice forums, and access to a 24/7 medical call center.
- Healthvana is a patient engagement platform that makes STI test results easily accessible and actionable for users. The mobile app directs user to the nearest testing centers, where they can receive results straight to their phones and privately share results with partners through the app—a feature called “unzipping”!