Panel Picker Panoply: 6 Events You Can’t Miss for SXSW 2013
‘Tis the season…to vote on SXSW panels and presentations. Panel picking is crowdsourced and dependent on public votes and comments (more on that here). But with the dizzying array of literally thousands of panels to chose from (last year over 4500 panels were submitted for SXSW Interactive), where should you start? Have no fear, we’ve got your digital health SXSW Panel Picker cheat sheet, with options for every health tech interest. Full disclosure: Many of these panels were submitted by Rock Health staff, alums, and partners-in-crime. We hope you like them, and if you do VOTE! Voting closes August 31.
- The Rise of the Impact Entrepreneur (panel) : Meet the founders of three impact accelerators, learn about the technologies and companies poised to tackle our 21st century problems, and witness the growing movement of tech for good. Featured panelists: Halle Tecco of Rock Health, Jennifer Pahlka of Code for America, Rachel Barge of Greenstart, Ariel Schwartz of Fast Company
- Quantified Year: 365 Days of Tracking Everything (solo talk): Rock Health Chief Evangelist Leslie Ziegler explores her year of tracking everything from food and exercise to blood chemistry.
- Digital Health N00bs: What to Expect (panel): This panel will discuss best practices and set targeted expectations for first-time entrepreneurs in the digital health space. Featured panelists: Sarah Pollet of Rock Health, Sean Duffy of Omada Health, Monisha Perkash of Lumoback, Yemi Adesokan of Pathogenica
- Damn the Man! Disrupting Regulated Industries (panel): Explore success stories from entrepreneurs in some of the most regulated industries (ie. Health, Finance, Energy, and Transportation) to understand better how to position your startup or your portfolio companies for success. Featured panelists: Dana Rosenberg of Rock Health, Ryan Graves of Uber, Megan Quinn of Kleiner Perkins, Joshua Reich of Simple
- XX in Health: Women & the Healthcare Revolution (panel): Women provide a unique perspective in healthcare, yet are underrepresented in leadership positions. This panel will explore the systemic problems prohibiting gender diversity, the need for more female leaders in health, and opportunities in this growing market. Featured panelists: Sue Siegel of GE, Dondeena Bradley of Pepsico Nutrition Ventures, Lesa Mitchell of the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Amy Lockwood of Stanford University
- The Future of Personalized Health (panel): This panel will touch upon the latest in personalized health products and developments and discuss some of the challenges to bringing personalized health to consumers. Featured panelists: Linda Avey of 23andme and Curious, Chris Hogg of 100Plus, Yemi Adesokan of Pathogenica, Hugo Liu of Hunch
Excited about these or other SXSW panels or events? Leave us a comment and give us the scoop.