Consumer adoption of telemedicine in 2021
The pandemic has dramatically shifted adoption of digital health, and virtual care in particular emerged as a care delivery necessity. With all kinds of healthcare players getting into the telemedicine mix in 2021, we were curious to learn how consumers actually feel: Who is using telemedicine? What are they using it for? Do they like it? And will they continue to use it? To answer these questions, we surveyed nearly 8,000 U.S. adults about their digital health behaviors and preferences. For the final Rock Weekly of the year, we’re excited to share initial results from Rock Health’s seventh annual Digital Health Consumer Adoption Survey, focused on telemedicine. One of our findings? 73% of previous telemedicine users said they expect to use telemedicine at the same rate or more going forward—and nearly a quarter of non-telemedicine users were willing to give it a try in the future. Check out our post on consumer telemedicine trends. As the Rock Weekly signs off for 2021, we wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!
Quartet Health Snaps Up Fellow Mental Health Company InnovaTel Telepsychiatry
Another example of the recent trend to immediately acquire post fundraise MobiHealthNews
Will A New Approach Of Delivering Intensive Mental Health Care From Home Stick?
Making outpatient care more accessible beyond the pandemic STAT
Google Is Making Its First In-House Smartwatch
A new wearable distinct from Fitbit and in direct competition with Apple Watch The Verge
What Does Synthetic Data Mean In Healthcare’s AI Revolution?
How synthetic data could improve research The Medical Futurist
- Online mental health provider Cerebral lands $300M
- Direct healthcare company Nomi Health secures $110M
- Nurse staffing app ConnectRN raises $76M
- Data analytics platform for health plans Reveleer closes on $65M
- Voice-based assistant Suki nets $55M to help clinicians streamline admin tasks
- Another voice-based assistant for clinicians Robin tacks on $50M
- Limbix adds $15M to commercialize its digital therapeutic for adolescent depression
- Cloud computing infrastructure for drug discovery Redesign Science gets $15M
- At-home fertility testing company Proov nabs $9.7M
- Teletherapy for children HelloHero scores $7.7M
- Software for community health centers Pair Team grabs $7.3M