Digital health’s game-changing year: 2020 funding recap
2020’s stress test to our healthcare system created what felt like a fast forward button for digital health, with unprecedented growth in funding, adoption, policymaking, and national attention.
Through the year, US digital health companies raised a record-setting $14.1B in venture funding across 440 deals—a 72% increase from the previous high water mark set in 2018. 2020 also represented a thematic shift in liquidity for digital health venture investors, with upswings in both IPO and M&A activity.
Hot off the press, our 2020 Digital Health Market Insights Report dives into the perfect storm that drove digital health’s biggest year on record and explores four factors underpinning the durability of the sector going forward.
Telehealth: The Right Care, At The Right Time, Via The Right Medium
How UCLA Health developed triage protocols for telehealth patients NEJM Catalyst | (Tweet)
- Digital MSK solution Hinge Health closes $300M
- Carrum Health, a surgery benefits platform, raises $40M
- Clinical pharmacy solution AspenRx Health snags $23M
- Online alcohol treatment platform Monument lands $10.3M
- Personalized tele-mental health service provider Valera Health gets $4.7M
- Telehealth platform for back health TeleSpine receives $3.94M