Provider burnout and human error are among the top challenges facing the U.S. healthcare system. Robots to the rescue? Though these complex challenges require multifaceted solutions, the latest robotics tech shows promise. In the past few weeks, we’ve seen robotics startups raise fresh capital to assist with complex surgeries and perform care delivery tasks for frontline nursing teams. Robots are also making healthcare more intuitive and accessible for providers and patients alike. A hand-held robot is being developed to enable first responders to easily apply emergency therapies without extensive training, plus a "digital sidekick" is now commercially available to initiate conversations with seniors and help them track medications and doctor appointments. The notion of robots addressing healthcare needs may seem futuristic—but if these technologies can make healthcare safer and more effective, we’re ready to ride at 88 MPH in that tricked-out DeLorean.
How Hospitals Are Using AI to Save Lives
AI could help with ED readmissions risk assessment, detecting sepsis, and more The Wall Street Journal
Can Digital Therapeutics Become Profitable?
The long journey to reimbursement and widespread adoption MedTech Dive
FDA Urges Creation Of Racial, Ethnic Recruitment Plans For Clinical Trials
New guidance seeks to ensure accurate representation Fierce Biotech
At Small And Rural Hospitals, Ransomware Attacks Cause Unprecedented Crises
“You might think you’re kind of off-the-grid, but that doesn’t mean you’re not susceptible” STAT
The Majority Of Health Execs Say They Believe Equity Is Important, Now What?
Using tech to advance health equity Healthcare IT News
- Value-based care platform for seniors Vytalize Health locks in $50M
- MedTrainer raises $43M for healthcare credentialing, training, and compliance management
- Iris Telehealth adds $40M to deliver telepsychiatry for health systems and community centers
- Real, whose virtual programs help individuals improve their mental health, lands $37M
- Diligent Robotics brings in $30M to develop its nurse-assisting robots
- 9am.health grabs $16M for direct-to-consumer diabetes care
- DUOS rakes in $15M to coordinate daily support partners for seniors
- Nudj Health closes on $10M to integrate lifestyle wellness nudges into patient care
- Digital diabetes care manager Ryse Health leaps forward with $3.4M