Sleep tracking for the Apple Watch is finally here. Among a slew of health-related features announced last week, Apple also introduced new mobility metrics, which may help clinicians monitor patients’ recovery or decline. In other launch news, Anthem released an Amazon Alexa skill that enables members to easily access benefits info, while CVS Health rolled out a return-to-work program for employers and universities.
Hear more about CVS’ consumer engagement strategy at our AMA session with Chief Digital Officer Firdaus Bhathena next Thursday, 7/9. You’ll also get a sneak peek of our upcoming research on healthcare’s digital front door. RSVP and share your questions.
Mayo Clinic Is Launching An At-Home Advanced Care Model
“Patients expect more virtual and remote care than ever” FierceHealthcare | (Tweet)
Data Is Key To Fighting COVID-19—Why Is It So Hard To Find?
“We used to have a really effective public health agency. It was called the CDC” PBS | (Tweet)
In Telemedicine's Time To Shine, Some Doctors Shy Away
If we're not careful, it could widen health disparities STAT | (Tweet)
CMS Creates New Office To Reduce Burden, Harness Health Data
One goal: eliminate or modify regulations that impede innovation Healthcare IT News | (Tweet)
This State's Digital Contact Tracing Tool Could Be A Litmus Test
No matter the results, tech will only ever be supplementary STAT | (Tweet)
- Direct-to-consumer health insurer Oscar nabbed $225M
- In-home care startup DispatchHealth secured $135M
- Cedar closed $102M to expand beyond patient billing
- Kidney care company Somatus scored $64M
- Regulatory toolkit BrightInsight bagged $40M
- Our own Avive raised $7M for its next-gen AED (congrats!)
- Calibrate got $5.1M for its metabolic telemedicine platform
- Tatch took in $4.25M to help diagnose sleep disorders