February 13, 2017
How Americans get hurt
We love preparing the Rock Weekly for you, dear readers! Here are our news picks this week:
- Congress said I do to Tom Price who inherits an increasingly vocal constituency as head of HHS.
- A match made in heaven: Our own Iodine merged with GoodRx to help consumers find the right drugs.
- It wasn’t meant to be. A federal judge blocked the Anthem-Cigna deal, the second failed health insurer merger in recent history, and threw shade on Anthem’s claim that less competition meant better rates for consumers.
- The power of health data: Uncover the unique ways Americans get hurt in each state (thanks Amino!) and discover what new viruses are emerging in your backyard.
Idaho Demonstrated Just How Difficult It Is To Devise An ACA Alternative
Tweet | The Washington Post
Roses are red, violets are blue. If you love the Rock Weekly, pass it on to a few. —Enjoy #healthpolicyvalentines this week!
- Bessemer led a $12.5M round in Verato, which helps improve patient identity matching
- Former Aetna CMO's HealthReveal got $10.8M to bring machine learning to chronic disease care
- Behavior change platform LifeDojo, raised $5.1M
- InnovaTel Telepsychiatry raised $2M to bring psychiatry services to underserved areas