Out of the crop of Medicare Advantage startups, Devoted Health says it’ll be the first to cover the Apple Watch as a fitness benefit. This comes as tech companies bet that more seniors will adopt technologies to monitor their health. Apple isn't the only one eyeing the growing senior care market—Fitbit is edging into the space, too.
What other products and innovators do you think are increasing access and improving care? Nominations for the Top 50 in Digital Health close on 10/20—help us recognize those making digital health thrive.
What HHS' Anti-Kickback Reform Proposals Mean For Digital Health
A boon for care coordination, patient engagement Modern Healthcare | (Tweet)
UnitedHealthcare Launches An App For On-Demand Telemedicine
It’s part of a one-stop shop for members' care FierceHealthcare | (Tweet)
Study: Proteus Can Improve Adherence In Patients With TB
And the system appears to be well-received by patients MobiHealthNews | (Tweet)
- Parsley Health landed $26M to launch telemedicine products
- Digital sobriety school Tempest brought in $10M
- Papa secured $10M for its “grandparents on demand” platform
- Cognitive health co BrainCheck closed $8M
- Sentio got $4.5M for its emotion-sensing wearable and support app
- Omada Health raised an undisclosed round from Intermountain Ventures