Amidst the elevation of COVID-19 to pandemic status, at least one “ray of light cracked through the ominous cloud” as Roche’s new coronavirus test received emergency FDA clearance, potentially doubling testing capacity in the US. In the meantime, could digital solutions be (virtually) perfect to help fill gaps in our healthcare system? The hospital that treated the nation’s first COVID-19 patient shared how it’s using tech to triage, test, and treat—and others are following suit.
The crisis has illuminated how everyone can do their part—from digital health startups to tech giants like Amazon, who’s in talks with the Gates Foundation to deliver at-home tests, and each one of us, who can stay home as much as possible and save lives.
Verily Launches California COVID-19 Test Screening Site
It's limited in scope for now—and requires a Google account to use TechCrunch | (Tweet)
Bipartisan Bills Seek To Increase Telehealth In Nursing Homes
“The RUSH Act brings needed innovation to Medicare” Healthcare IT News | (Tweet)
Apple Is Working On An App To Bring You Workout Videos
You, too, can still complete your workouts whilst in quarantine CNBC | (Tweet)
If Only Health Record Keeping Weren't So Antiquated
Slow-moving data has long been a concern in public health Politico | (Tweet)
New Data Rules Could Empower Patients But Undermine Privacy
Milestone for patient rights, mile high risks for privacy The New York Times | (Tweet)
CVS Health Adds More Digital Health To 'Digital Formulary'
Here’s which point solutions got the CVS seal of approval MobiHealthNews | (Tweet)
- Mental health startup Lyra Health raked in $75M
- At-home men’s health services co Vault launched with $30M
- RubiconMD nabbed $18M to give PCPs access to specialists
- Personalized health platform b.well Connected Health got $16M
- VIDA secured $11M to diagnose lung diseases with AI
- Digital cardiac care startup Heartbeat Health landed $8.2M
- Rivet raised $8.2M to take on healthcare price transparency
- Patient engagement and payment platform Inbox Health closed $3.5M
- Bloomer Tech brought in $3M for its smart ECG bra