Should founders be worried?
“The trouble with healthcare is we've made it impossible for someone to find value in transacting their data in exchange for something truly remarkable,” Amino’s David Vivero argues in the first episode of our brand spanking new Rock Health podcast. Understand how to best harness patient data in order to serve patients themselves with Vivero and Evidation CEO Deb Kilpatrick as they debunk data myths stymying progress.
What else slows progress? Last week we advised tuning into HHS nominee hearings and the GOP retreat for updates on an ACA repeal/replace. FYI—there wasn’t much movement. Should founders be worried? Our Managing Director Bill Evans explains, “In moments of regulatory uncertainty, progress slows or comes to a halt. I'm far less concerned about the replacement of the ACA when it comes to startups than I am about the introduction of uncertainty during a potentially long process.”
Blame Technology, Not Longer Life Spans, For Health Spending Increases
Tweet | The New York Times
Health IT Stakeholders Seek Tech Reforms Beyond Obamacare Repeal
Tweet | Health Data Management
- Alphabet's Verily got $800M from a Singapore investor
- Investment firm Venrock just raised $450M for their eighth fund
- Cloud-based oncology startup Flatiron Health raised $175M and inked a deal with Roche
- Madison, WI-based Redox closed $9M to help developers glean insights from EHRs
- UW spinout and machine learning platform KenSci raised $8.5M to predict who will get sick