The Rock Weekly – August 22
Last week we rock and rolled through a week of angel investors, Chinatown shenanigans and incredible mentors. Tuesday, Cooper Design hosted office hours and offered specific feedback on their products, scenarios and personas to ensure they are building them right from the start.
And between the office hours and our panel of angel investors, our space was packed on Thursday to see Ross Fubini of Kapor Capital and SuccessFactors, Ron Gutman, founder and CEO of HealthTap, Francine Hardaway, Ph.D. of Stealthmode Partners and Gil Penchina, CEO of Wikia. Although it was a heated discussion, we all arrived at the end agreeing on the importance of loyalty and transparency. You can read here for a full recap.
Thank you to the long list of folks that gave their time this week: John Wilbanks of Creative Commons and the Kauffman Foundation, Dr. Eric Rose from Microsoft, Abhas Gutpta of MDV, Pete Koomen of Optimizely, Michael Esquivel of Fenwick & West and Richard Croghan and Ken Glowacki of Moss Adams.
Rock Health in the News
- Rock Health Member, Drchronco, raises 650K and launches iPad check in (TechCrunch) (Mashable)
- Can Williamsburb’s techie doc sell Health consciousness to the Masses? (Beat Bet)
- Lessons from the Carnage of in HealthTech (The Health Care Blog)
Events and Opportunities
- The first ever Startup Weekend: Health is coming to Palo Alto the weekend of September 10th, and right now, you can attend at a discount using this link. Members of the Rock Health team and several mentors and advisors will be there judging and hanging out.
- The USC Center for Body Computing is holding a contest in September. Winner gets a $5k prize. Details here.