What can a new LEGO kit do for healthcare?
Who else went into last week fantasizing about the next cool digital health infrastructure play? At Rock Health, we are nerds through and through—so it was thrilling to announce our investment in Zus Health. Co-founder Jonathan Bush refers to the industry’s first development platform backed by shared data records as a “LEGO kit for healthcare.” We’re convinced it’s about to get a lot more interesting for builders and developers—making this an even more exciting moment to be a part of digital health.
Where better to start than in the home? Last week Humana put another marker down on the booming hospital-at-home market with its acquisition of Onehome. Coming on the heels of Humana’s April acquisition of Kindred at Home, as well as investments in and partnerships with Heal and DispatchHealth, this is another tactical move in a broader care setting realignment strategy. Health systems don’t want to get left behind either. Cleveland Clinic and Amwell’s new joint venture aims to bridge the gap between hospital-oriented and virtual-first care.
The race is on to own the digitally-connected health home of the future.
Every year, Rock Health Summit brings together a diverse collection of bright minds, big thinkers, and innovative leaders in the digital health ecosystem for meaningful conversations addressing healthcare’s biggest challenges. This year’s Summit will be a hybrid event on September 14—and whether you join us in San Francisco or virtually, you won’t want to miss it. Learn more and register here!
How CVS Health Plans To Leverage Its Business To Do Better Clinical Trials
Decentralizing clinical trials across more therapeutic areas Forbes
In A Competitive Digital Health Landscape, It’s Hard To Stand Out
How to stand out in a big (digital health) ocean Health Evolution
Bloom Is Off The Health Tech IPO Rose, As Valuations Expected To Fall
Trouble in IPO paradise? MedCity News
Insurtech Company Bright Health Hits NYSE With 60M Shares In Public Offering
Bright joins the public insurtech club alongside Clover and Oscar MobiHealthNews
Apple Struggles In Push To Make Healthcare Its Greatest Legacy
The apple of Apple’s eye is health The Wall Street Journal
Aetna, Anthem, And Cleveland Clinic Back Blockchain Venture
More players at the blockchain table Fierce Healthcare
- Mental health benefits startup Lyra Health announces $200M
- Rock Health port co Brightline, a virtual therapy platform for children, adds $72M
- The Pill Club, a telemedicine and e-pharmacy offering, secures $41.9M
- Zus Health, Rock Health’s new port co, launches with $34M to create shared data platform
- Stork Club, a family building and fertility benefits manager, gets $30M
- Healthcare compliance analytics software Protenus nabs $21M
- Sempre Health, a dynamic prescription pricing platform, secures $15M
- Form Health, a telemedicine platform connecting patients to obesity specialists, gets $12M
- Virtual mental health therapy marketplace Uplift launches with $3.1M in funding
- Framework, an offering that helps wellness brands set up virtual communities, gets $3M
- Ksana Health, a suite of evidence-based digital mental health research tools, raises $2M