Why tech hasn’t conquered healthcare
The march toward interoperability in healthcare continues—leaders discussed what ONC’s proposed rules mean for innovators (the comment period closes today), and Blue Shield of California CEO Paul Markovich singled out interoperability as big tech’s biggest hurdle to scaling in the healthcare industry.
The belief that change requires cross-industry collaboration is at the core of our annual Rock Health Summit. We’re excited to reveal a first look at this year’s speaker lineup—Verily’s Robert Califf, Sutter Health’s Sarah Krevans, and Insitro’s Daphne Koller will explore the health techlash and more. Claim your spot before early bird tickets run out.
New podcast episode alert! We spoke with leaders from Novo Nordisk, Pear Therapeutics, and ZS about best practices for navigating alliances between pharma and digital therapeutic companies. Catch the episode here.
Why Is It So Hard To Donate Your Medical Records To Science?
HIPAA holds personal health data private for 50 years after death The Verge | (Tweet)
Combining Wearables And AI Outside Of The Hospital
Three lessons from the success of early efforts HBR | (Tweet)
The Human And Financial Cost Of Physician Burnout In The US
Technology is part of the problem. How can it be a solution? Business Insider | (Tweet)
- Precision medicine startup Tempus raked in $200M
- Rock Health portfolio co Beam Dental bagged $55M
- Talkspace brought in $50M and a partnership with Optum
- Our own Welkin Health scored $17.5M to support patient engagement
- Abacus Insights laneded $12.7M for healthcare data integration
- Pillo Health got $11M for its voice-enabled platform for the home
- Alzheimer’s detection platform Altoida closed $6.3M