There’s a New ‘W’ in Town: Join us for SXSWearables at SXSW 2014
One of the biggest emerging trends in tech this year is the popularity of wearables. Wrist-worn activity trackers are the hottest products in the category at the moment, but as wearables’ technologies become more sophisticated and their designs push into new directions, expect to see some exciting new entrants in the space.
From sensors that measure your posture to ears that fulfill your desire to express yourself like a cat (finally), there will be no shortage this year of imaginative new wearables. How do you sort through them all? Rock Health is here to help.
Sunday, March 9th at this year’s SXSW festival, we will be hosting an all-wearables showcase at gastropub, Swift’s Attic from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM. We’re calling it: SXSWearables. It will be a morning of good food, plenty of mimosas and Misfit Shine giveaways, great company, and the most innovative new wearables of 2014.
Featured companies include:
- Athos is first of its kind fitness apparel that provides a true picture of fitness by tracking exactly what your muscles are doing, as well as your form, respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- The Atlas Fitness Tracker identifies your exercises, counts your reps, calculates the calories you burn and evaluates your form.
- The Cuff Link, stylish wearable technology featuring elegant jewelry and accessories with the interchangeable CuffLinc, which alerts your network when you need help.
- The Garmin Vivofit moves at the pace of your life, with one year battery life, personalized daily goals and an inactivity monitor.
- JUNE by Netatmo is the first bracelet that measures sun exposure and advises women how to protect their skin from sun effects on a daily basis.
- The Misfit Shine is an elegant personal activity monitor that you can wear anywhere.
- The Spree Headband is a headband that monitors your speed, distance, time, heart rate, calories burned, and body temperature making it the smartest fitness monitor ever.
- Epiphany Eyewear smart glasses merge style and technology to deliver live HD video streaming, multimedia cloud storage, and social sharing.
- The Withings Pulse is an 8-gram smart tracker to monitor your activity 24/7, measure your heart rate, and improve your health.
Join us for an up-close-and-personal look at these amazing new products, meet up with the coolest SXSWers this side of the after party, and the chance to leave with some brand new wearable tech of your own. Our friends at Misfit will be giving away Shines at the event and there may or may not be a monkey in attendance — and that’s just for starters.
RSVP for the brunch here. We look forward to seeing you there.
Press inquiries, please send us an email.
For the best weekly rundown of the biggest news in digital health, sign up for the Rock Weekly.