XX in Health Hits Boston
Two weeks ago marked the inaugural XX in Health event in Boston.Rock Health’s Halle Tecco delivered the keynote on ‘Women in Health’ with findings from their most recent Rock Report- Women in Healthcare. Following the keynote were exciting breakout sessions that helped to facilitate open dialogue on topics that impact and matter most to women today. These included:
- Investing in Healthcare Startups with Paulina Hill, Polaris Ventures
- Work/Life Balance with Zenobia Moochhala, Care.com
- The Female Advantage with Halle Tecco & Sarah Pollet, Rock Health
- Women-led startups to watch with Julia Winn, BetterFit & Lissy Hu, Med2Bed – TechStars
- Venture Philanthrophy in Healthcare with Margaret Laws, California Healthcare Foundation
- Collaborating to Improve Healthcare with Alex Pelletier, Boston Children’s Hospital
- How to Deal with the Realities of Life with Leigh Calabrese-Eck, Eliza
- Supporting Female Entrepreneurship with Jolie Siegel, Choate
- Healthy Influence with Jacqueline Thong, Ubiqi Health
- Healthcare Design with Amy Cueva, Mad*Pow
- Mapping the Patient Journal with Jamie Thomson, Mad*Pow
- Social Impact of Healthcare with Lora Kratchounova, Scratch Marketing+Media
We hope all women were able to explore and identify with topics of interest, and more importantly share some laughs and build new friendships. Our hopes are you’ll build connections that last and carry these forward in both work and life.
We of course want to thank our sponsors Choate, PwC, Human Care Systems and Mad*Pow for helping make this event happen. Also, and most importantly, we thank the women who came out for our kickoff XX in Health experience in Boston who share the belief that women have the potential to change healthcare today.