Digital health unicorn has lost its head
Digital health's 2017 unicorn has lost its head—Outcome Health's CEO and President just stepped down in a move that settles their fraud lawsuit with investors. Meanwhile, it appears eClinicalWorks’ pricey DOJ settlement might have cost Practice Fusion $150M on its sale price—and cost mid-level employees who exercised their options tens of thousands of dollars.
In other news, Rock Health is thrilled to announce our newest team member, Venture Principal Jeff Trost.
Alex Azar Confirmed As Secretary Of HHS Amid Revolving Door Concerns
Tweet | Healthcare IT News
Scalable And Accurate Deep Learning For Electronic Health Records
Tweet | Google, UCSF, Stanford, UCM
- Bio-Optronics, which creates tools for clinical research and patient safety, closed $30M
- Indianapolis’ Springbuk raised $20M for its employer-facing health analytics software
- Portfolio company Zipongo closed $18M for its food prescription platform
- KPV led an $11M round in Protenus to help hospitals detect privacy breaches
- Wellnicity received $3.6M for mail-order lab tests, vitamins
For the rest of the deals and a look at trends since 2011, subscribe to our newly-revamped Funding Database.