Two notable developments in the consumer health space last week: The FDA opened the floodgates for direct-to-consumer genetic testing for disease risk—starting with our friends at 23andMe. And our own Amino raised $25M and announced that their trailblazing consumer health transparency tools will be available to providers and employers.
Listen to our latest podcast episode with the CEOs of Helix and Validic on navigating the shifting healthcare landscape, engaging healthcare stakeholders, and putting the consumer at the center of it all.
FDA Green Lights 23andMe's Direct-To-Consumer Genetic Tests For Disease Risk
Tweet | The New York Times
How Hospitals Could Be Rebuilt, Better Than Before
Tweet | The Economist
- Consumer transparency pioneer Amino scored a $25M Series C
- Physician-led predictive analytics company OM1 emerged from stealth with a $15M round
- Our own drchrono, the go-to EHR for small practices, raised $12M to take on older EHRs
- Insurance navigator Wellthie raised $5M
- Redox received strategic follow-on funding from Intermountain Healthcare Innovation Fund