More money than ever was invested in digital health in a year that held many surprises. Not only has the size and number of deals hit a peak, but so has the number of repeat digital health investors. However, exits waned with only 119 acquisitions and a frozen IPO market. 2017 was the end of the beginning in digital health, and 2018 starts a new era with new challenges. Read our analysis in our year end funding report.
In our pursuit to provide value to this community, we're excited to announce our significantly expanded Digital Health Funding Database to help you track every venture deal and company—the database now includes every company's value proposition, clinical indication, business model, and differentiating technologies. Learn more and become a research subscriber for unparalleled insights.
Study: Patient Portals Had No Impact On Hospital Readmissions Or Mortality
Tweet | FierceHealthcare
Why The US Spends So Much More Than Other Nations On Healthcare
Tweet | The New York Times
- Diagnostic technology company SomaLogic closed $200M to expand its gene-examining system
- Prescription digital therapeutic company Pear Therapeutics raised a $50M Series B
- Quartet raised a $40M Series C to help providers collaborate on patient care
- Aledade closed $23M for helping doctors create accountable care organizations
- Alphabet spinoff Cityblock Health received $20.8M to help Medicaid patients get personalized and preventive care
For the rest of the deals and a look at trends since 2011, subscribe to our newly-revamped Funding Database.