News that made us do a double take: 1) Cher sued NantHealth founder (again). 2) Sweatcoin is giving people crypto for working out. 3) Fed up hospitals are creating their own drug companies. 4) Paralympian Kate Grey caught a ball with a hand she doesn’t have. 5) An app certified as birth control in the EU is blamed for 37 unwanted pregnancies.
And one more that made perfect sense to us: Would-be life-saving innovations too often go unbuilt due to massive costs associated with FDA compliance. So we’re thrilled to announce our investment in Enzyme, which helps companies navigate and streamline this regulatory process. We’re honored to welcome their team to the Rock Health family!
Kentucky Built A Database To Understand And Fight Its Opioid Crisis
Tweet | FiveThirtyEight
- Telemedicine company American Well raised $59.2M
- CareDox, which helps connect schoolchildren to health services, closed $16M
- Owkin got $11M to aid drug development by uncovering biomarker patterns underlying disease
- Peerfit, a platform that manages fitness benefits for employees, closed $10.3M
- PBM company SmithRX raised $9M led by Founders Fund
- Enzyme raised $1.85M from Rock Health, Refactor, Data Collective, and others to help companies through FDA compliance
For the rest of the deals and a look at trends since 2011, subscribe to our newly-revamped Funding Database.