And while a misleading title suggested Facebook has something to do with a longer life (it kind of doesn’t really), other researchers pointed to social media as a possible key reason for the rise in adolescent suicides. Meanwhile, BuzzFeed's Stephanie Lee uncovered some details about social media giant Zuckerberg’s initiative to ‘cure all diseases.’
PS. Here's some voting to get excited for! Digital health polls close November 18th.
- UBiome got a $22M boost to investigate your poop
- Rock Health portfolio company Zipongo raised $18M to take its nutritional platform deeper into healthcare
- Owlet received $15M for its baby-monitoring sock
- Colorado-based cloud-computing company Recondo Technology closed a $16M debt and venture round
- NY-based Cohero Health received $9M for its respiratory disease solutions
- PlushCare nabbed an $8M Series A to try to take telemedicine mainstream
- Telemedicine startup Avizia raised another $6M round
- Birth control delivery company and YC alum Nurx raised a $5.3M Series A
- Dallas-based PediaQ raised $4.5M to expand pediatric house calls in Texas
- Our own Labdoor closed its $3.4M A round to help consumers uncover what's really in their supplements
Download the details of every digital health deal since 2011. Get our funding database.