Lately we’ve seen innovators rising up to address a wide spectrum of women+ health needs, and we’ve been particularly encouraged to note a focus on holistic, whole-person approaches. Last week, Caraway came out of stealth with $11M to provide virtual care to college-aged women+, while Lisa Health announced a Mayo Clinic partnership to create an app for menopause management. FemTec Health announced the second of two acquisitions in as many weeks: Ava AG, a fertility-tracking wearable maker, and Nutrimedy, a nutrition and food-logging app. Sustaining this momentum will be imperative for creating system-level change. As the simmer turns to a boil, we’re looking forward to seeing how entrepreneurs will continue bringing accessible and high quality care to women+.
Health data privacy concerns are in the spotlight, too. Menstruation tracking app companies and legal experts alike are weighing in on the likely implications of Dobbs on women+ tracking and data-sharing behavior. We’ll be watching the consumer response as we kick off our 2022 Digital Health Consumer Adoption Survey and explore digital menstruation-tracking trends.
Oracle Exec Testifies Before Senate On EHR Modernization
Acquiring Cerner means taking over the gargantuan effort to modernize the VA’s tech infrastructure Healthcare IT News
3M Will Spin Off Its Healthcare Business Into A New Public Company
Throwing a bone to the Rock Health public company tracker CNBC
Will Amazon's One Medical Deal Be Good For Patients?
Good question Fierce Healthcare
Consumers Want Better Digital Tools For Finding Care
Survey underscores appetite for “digital front door” Healthcare Finance News
How Partnerships Can Help Home-Focused Digital Health Companies
There is no “one app to rule them all”—partnerships are necessary Home Healthcare News
- Cleerly lands $192M to digitally track plaque buildup in heart arteries
- Primary care EHR Elation Health pulls in $50M
- Theator adds $24M to surface new insights in operating rooms
- Health Note gets $17M to automate patients’ pre-clinical intake
- Caraway collects $10.5M to deliver mental, physical, and reproductive care to women+
- Operating system for senior living facilities Sage picks up $9M
- Summer Health, which allows parents to text pediatricians, gets $7.5M
- RxLive locks in $5M to offer virtual pharmacist consultations
- Cornerstone AI secures $5M to clean and prepare data for healthcare analytics
- Virtual migraine clinic Mable closes on $3.2M