Announcing the Top 50 in Digital Health
After receiving thousands of votes and nominations, we’re honored to announce the people and organizations making digital health thrive. Meet the Top 50 in Digital Health 2017.
The much-lobbied 21st Century Cures will head to the Senate after overwhelmingly passing in the House; here’s how it affects digital health. Though telemedicine was dropped from the bill, telemedicine fans can look forward to a new friend in Energy and Commerce Chair Rep Greg Walden—and a few bills under consideration that could bring more change than the original 21st Century Cures proposal.
In other news, since its first meeting in 2013, Apple has been regularly meeting with the FDA about getting "approval for apps that provide a diagnosis," as we learned through FOIA’d emails.
HHS Pick Tom Price Signals Potential Healthcare Deregulation
Tweet | The New York Times
Universal Health IT Pain Points Include Elusive ROI
Tweet | FierceHealthcare
Rock Health in the News
Zipongo Acquires FillMyFork In Enterprise Nutrition Consolidation
Tweet | MobiHealthNews
- Austin-based telemedicine company Medici received $24.2M
- Berlin-based Clue raised a $20M Series B to enhance the intelligence of its period tracking app
- Clinical trial management company MedNet Solutions raised $16.5M
- Care coordination platform Orb Health picked up $3.2M
- Fruit Street Telehealth landed $3M for its telehealth software
- Renew.com raised $3M from Venrock & Expa to improve retirement benefit information for seniors
- ActiveProtective has $2.6M for its airbag-deploying smart belt that protects seniors during falls
- Lexigram got $2M to transform unstructured medical data
Download the details of every digital health deal since 2011. Get our funding database.