Natural disasters always shine a bright light on healthcare infrastructure holes. Case in point: despite mass digitization of patient records since Katrina, most hurricane victims’ digital records are still left behind—in an EHR, inaccessible when they need it most. On that note, New Jersey is developing a Master Person Index, making way for a possible universal record system.
In TX or LA? Doctor on Demand is offering free telemedicine care for hurricane victims.
Rock Health Survey Reveals Pitfalls For Digital Health CEOs
Tweet | MedCity News
‘Major Weaknesses’ In Current Guidelines On Emailing With Patients
Tweet | FierceHealthcare
"My dermatologist isn't allowed to send photos so she circles spots on me with a Sharpie and tells me not to shower before I see the specialist."
- SetPoint Medical, maker of a bioelectronic therapy tool for inflammatory disease, closed $30M
- Non-invasive brain trauma detection tool BrainScope closed $16M
- PriorAuthNow got $3.6M for—you guessed it—to better manage prior authorizations
- Operating room management tool ExplORer Surgical announced a $3M round
- Dallas-based Bestow got $2.5M for its new approach to life insurance
- Clear Genetics raised $2.5M to help you better understand your genetic test results