“None of your business”
Digital health couldn't stop talking about health data last week, which grows by 48% volume each year and is key to huge health breakthroughs—and headaches. Here were some of the highlights:
- Providing patients access to their records remains a charged issue. While discussing the 21st Century Cures Act implementation, Epic's CEO doubted patients' ability to understand their medical records and questioned Joe Biden about why he'd want access to his. His response: "None of your business."
- Data is messy. 80% of the 665 terabytes of data hospitals produce each year is unstructured. As John Quackenbush aptly said, “We don’t have a ‘big data problem," but a "messy data problem."
- Data emphasizes bias. We need to ensure it doesn't exacerbate health inequities.
- Data might upend insurance. Here's one viewpoint.
Rock Health in the News
Sanofi And Evidation Work Together To Understand, Treat Disease
Tweet | MobiHealthNews
- AI-powered Viome raised $15M to take on the microbiome
- A16Z led a $10.9M round in BioAge Labs, which is measuring your real age through blood
- Limelight Health raised $7M for its employee benefits quote platform
- Telemedicine DPP company Fruit Street Health raised an additional $3M from physicians
- eazyScripts got $2M to help telemedicine providers e-prescribe