What you should read this Fourth of July
Happy Fourth of July! We’re so excited to bring you our forthcoming report and podcast episode on a tremendous and surprising year for digital health funding. Until then, kick your feet up by the pool and catch up on the latest episodes:
For those checking email between parades and fireworks, here are a few headlines we're reading.
Stanford Researchers: Bring Expectations For AI Back Down To Earth
Tweet | FierceHealthcare
Smartphones Open A New World for Medical Researchers
Tweet | The Wall Street Journal
Study: Smartmat Catches Diabetic Foot Ulcers Early (Podimetrics)
Tweet | FierceBiotech
Seeking legal counsel? Fenwick & West, a leading tech and life-science law firm and Rock Health partner, is holding office hours for Bay Area digital health startups on 7/18 in SF. Don't miss out on this opportunity to meet with Michael Esquivel and team. Space is limited—so send us your deck and a short description of your company’s impact on healthcare to be considered.
- PatientPoint raised $140M to expand its digital patient and physician education footprint
- Meditation app Headspace raised $37M
- The Mayo Clinic backed diabetes management software company Glooko for their $35M Series C
- Science Exchange raised $28M to help companies outsource R&D
- DC-based Babyscripts launched with $5.7M to help prevent preterm birth
- Cocoon Cam closed a $4M round for its infant breathing video monitor