Now you’re speaking my language
Effective communication with patients is a necessary component of delivering culturally competent care—but language remains a barrier. Consider that 25M Spanish speakers receive one-third less care (based on spending) than other Americans, and that language-based gaps in healthcare have actually widened over the last two decades. Digital health has an opportunity to address these barriers, and the past few weeks saw promising moves. Telehealth startup Galileo expanded 24/7 primary and specialty care access to Spanish speakers. Australian telehealth startup Coviu announced a partnership with real-time translators from Ezispeak Health to cover 30 languages, and on-demand medical interpretation startup Jeenie raised $9.3M. But translation and interpretation capabilities aren’t the only approaches: considering only 23% of Hispanic/Latinx patients report sharing a racial, ethnic, or language background with their providers, investment in diverse medical training and hiring stands to help all patients feel seen in healthcare settings.
Rock Health is hiring! Does authoring research and working with Fortune 500 companies on digital health innovation sound like a dream job? Love writing, building slide decks, and consider yourself an Excel whiz? If this sounds like you, check out and apply to our Research Associate and Research Fellow roles!
10 Years Of CEO Summit: Convening Leaders On Values, Trust, & Decision Making
Takeaways from Rock Health’s 10th annual Digital Health CEO Summit Rock Health
AMA Outlines Key Steps For Advancing Telehealth Equity
An emphasis on designing with and for historically marginalized communities Healthcare IT News
'De-Innovation': How Cleveland Clinic And More Determine Which Processes To Nix
Healthcare leaders decide what programs to discontinue and which to keep Becker’s Hospital Review
US Military Wants AI To Make Battlefield Medical Decisions
DARPA reimagines medical triage The Washington Post
Was 2021 The High Watermark For Digital Health Investment?
Recapping Q1 2022’s funding Fierce Healthcare
Pfizer, Anthem, Eli Lilly, Merck Develop Digital Toolkit For Drug Reimbursement
How to include digital endpoints in payer reimbursement decisions Becker’s Hospital Review
Virtual Reality Is Garnering More Investment—Will The Health Care System Buy In?
VR companies clear federal regulatory hurdles, but still looking for widespread adoption STAT
What’s At Stake If Congress Doesn’t Extend Covid-Era Telehealth Rules?
A lot, TBH MedCity News
- Clarify Health grabs $150M for its analytics platform designed to optimize value-based care
- Nurse staffing startup IntelyCare locks in $115M
- Viz.ai closes on $100M for stroke imaging and care coordination
- Digital wraparound for medication-assisted addiction treatment Eleanor nets $50M
- Season Health gets $34M for its food-is-medicine digital program and meal delivery service
- Evernow adds $28.5M for its menopause-focused virutal clinic
- Future Family raises $25M for fertility procedure financing and care support
- Eleos Health nabs $20M to unlock in-session behavioral health voice data
- AI dental diagnostic solution VideaHealth notches $20M
- Clinical trials SaaS ProofPilot lands $12M
- Programmatic physician marketing tool Doceree rakes in $11M
- Connected Pilates reformer and workout program Flexia brings in $4M
- Conceive scores $3.7M for online fertility coaching and community support